Louis Garday: A New Journey
- Lou Who? Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Sep2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p98
Profiles Louis Garday, chief executive officer at the Certified Financial Planner Board. Professional background; Responsibilities of Garday in the organization; Controversy in Garday's appointment.
- Primary Colors. Johnson, Thomas W. // Financial Planning;Sep2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Comments on the plan of Louis Garday, chief executive officer of the Certified Financial Planner Board, to expand the organization domestically and abroad. Concerns on the effect of the expansion on the members of the board; Number of attorneys and accountants targeted by Garday for the...
- At the Table on the Hill. French, Kristen // Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p51
Features Sarah Teslik, CEO of the Certified Financial Planners Board. Reasons of the board for taking a long time before hiring a replacement for former CEO Louis Garday; Expectations of the board on Teslik's contributions to the financial planning industry; Career background of Teslik.
- THE STORY OF CLIENT X. Stephens, John // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p58
Presents an article describing the experiences of a financial planner who was appointed as the chief executive officer of a startup company. Influence of his financial planning skill on his job as chief executive; Strategy for financial planning; Lesson in life learned from the experience.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Kean, Tom // Money Marketing;5/29/2003, p31
Comments on key issues and developments concerning the finance and investment market in Great Britain. Role of independent financial advisers; Diversity of financial advice given to chief executive officers and cleaners; Selection of stakeholder pensions.
- NAIFA Flexes Political, Financial Muscle in Baltimore. Hersch, Warren S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/19/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p10
The article reports on the general conference of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) held in Baltimore. NAIFA's 2004-2005 annual report records a positive change in net assets (before a pension liability adjustment) of $2.1 million on revenues of $16.3 million...
- Teaching an Olde Dog New Tricks. Nygaard, Bryan L. // On Wall Street;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p112
Interviews Brian L. Nygaard, a certified financial planner and chief executive officer of H & R Block Financial Advisors. Type of client which the Block name can deliver; Reason an experienced broker would sign on with H & R Block; Market competitors.
- Ex-CEO of Red Hat sues family' financial advisers. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the move of Matthew Szulik, the former chief executive officer (CEO) of Raleigh-based software firm Red Hat Inc., in suing his family's financial advisers, claiming they misused 60 million dollars.
- A Swan Song. Cumbie, Guy // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p8
A letter is presented from a reader praising Marvin W. Tuttle, a former chief executive officer of the Financial Planning Association.