Searching for True Absolute-Return Performance Through Arbitrage
- We might be headed for another financial crisis. Hicks, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p26
The article offers information on the financial markets or stock markets of the U.S. that offers good choices for retirement investments, and leading towards the financial crisis.
- 401(k) funds stand pat. Kochaniec, Joanne Wojcik // Business Insurance;04/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the reactions of 401(K) plan participants to stock market gyrations in the United States. Shifts in plan participants' investment strategies; Estimates on the amount of money invested in 401(K) plans; Reasons for the 401(K) complacence.
- What will your investments return? // Fortune;8/13/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p115
Discusses predictions for returns from the stock market as of August 2001 and its affect on retirement planning in the United States. Basis of predictions on research from consulting firm Ibbotson Associates; Importance of stock and bond diversification for gaining returns.
- Don't let the current mood alter your method. DuFlo, Paul // Business Journal (Central New York);11/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p11
Focuses on the strategies for stock market investments in the U.S. Value of tactical asset allocation; Percentage of stocks in the domestic and foreign market; Need for personal disciple to succeed in investing.
- Market-timing is harder than it looks. Feld, Alan R. // CPA Journal;Feb95, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p68
Discusses the difficulties in the timing of stock market investments. Necessity of staying in the market to reap the rewards of stock appreciation; Tendency of stock gains; Average stock return per month since 1926; Return during bull markets; Recovery periods after bear markets; Analysis of...
- Looks Like Value Stocks Have The 'Momentum' Now. Flaherty, Robert J.; Brooks, George // Equities;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p34
Reports the diversity of stock market investments in the United States. Details of a seminar conducted by Mario Gabelli on value investments; Comparison of liabilities and price; Knowledge in security analysis.
- Investments. Bergsman, Steve; Baker, Marci // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the performance of investments in the stock market in the United States. Increase of the Dow Jones Industrial Average through the first 11 months of 1995; Double-digit increases of bonds; Bad investment choices in 1995.
- Dow Industrials provide international exposure. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/17/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the adverse impact of weak dollar on the stock market in the U.S. Reasons for the weakening of dollar; Way to position a portfolio to benefit from a weak dollar; Two stocks that are beneficiaries of a weaker dollar.
- After the fall. Nagan, Peter S.; Kaufman, Kenneth A. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec87, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the impact of the stock market's performance to investment in the U.S. Control of credit release by the Federal Reserve; Emphasis on the role of the Congress and President on budget and trade deficits; Expectation of trade balance for recovery of crisis.