A 9-11 Wake-up Call
- Managing Risk. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the impact of the United States terrorist attack on risk management in telecommunications industry. Problems of telecommunication operators during the tragedy; Assurance for customers; Advancement of software reliability. INSETS: What to Do Now;Networks Under Test;Preparedness...
- Financial planning for the unknown future. Meiners, Michael J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p39A
Presents suggestions for financial planning. Anticipation of downside risks; Recommendation for types of insurance policies in transferring financial risks; Importance of an estate-planning attorney.
- Terrorism Risks Can Be Managed. Schmidt, Donald L. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/22/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 16, p21
Discusses risk management in terrorism. Background on various terrorist attacks in the U.S.; Methods of terrorism; Discussion on risk assessment; Importance of understanding the potential consequences of an attack; Description of the procedure that must be followed by the emergency response team.
- Terrorism insurance bill not yet a done deal. Mandel, Christopher E. // Business Insurance;8/26/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p10
Focuses on the terrorism reinsurance issues in the U.S. Legislation of terrorism insurance bill; Implications of the legislation for insurance industry stakeholders; Concerns on risk management.
- Assessing Alternative Risk Financing Strategies. Bausom, Gary J.; Dowling, Raymond; Hotaling, Bruce P. // Risk Management (00355593);Aug95, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p72
The authors of this article believe that to manage risk effectively, in the 1990s, companies must investigate risk financing strategies that go beyond the traditional products and services offered by the insurance industry. When insurers cannot provide enough capacity to respond to their...
- A STRATEGIC APPROACH TO RISK FINANCING. Berg, Gregory; Miccolis, Jerry // Risk Management (00355593);Jul95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p46
Transferring too much rick can cause losses of up to millions of dollars a year, while companies that underestimate risk will fail to protect their assets. In either case, a solid strategic risk financing program provides a company with more control over its insurance program at a lower cost....
- A REBIRTH OF Risk Management. Troy, Edward G. // Risk Management (00355593);Jul95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p71
This article discusses the five major forces of change that are influencing the role of risk management in the business environment. These are integration, risk management redefinition, work changes the technology challenge, and the new economy. The Forks National Historic Site includes an...
- Economical and flexible melt spinning technologies for industrial yars. Enders, U.; Schäfer, K. // Chemical Fibers International;Aug2003 Man-Made Fiber Year Book, Vol. 53, p54
This article discusses how the risk management department with a flexible reporting loss data base will provide more value to its organization than the reactive, uncertain and uninformed department using traditional standard loss reports. To prepare for change, personal experience has shown that...
- Toray: new PA nanofiber technology. // Chemical Fibers International;Aug2003 Man-Made Fiber Year Book, Vol. 53, p58
This article reports why the Sweetheat Cup Co. Inc. encouraged several of its plants to experiment with back belts in 1992. The company then was faced with back injury losses accounting for over 35 percent of workers' compensation loss cost. Usign the company's workers' compensation loss dara...