A 9-11 Wake-up Call
- Managing Risk. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the impact of the United States terrorist attack on risk management in telecommunications industry. Problems of telecommunication operators during the tragedy; Assurance for customers; Advancement of software reliability. INSETS: What to Do Now;Networks Under Test;Preparedness...
- Financial planning for the unknown future. Meiners, Michael J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p39A
Presents suggestions for financial planning. Anticipation of downside risks; Recommendation for types of insurance policies in transferring financial risks; Importance of an estate-planning attorney.
- Terrorism Risks Can Be Managed. Schmidt, Donald L. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/22/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 16, p21
Discusses risk management in terrorism. Background on various terrorist attacks in the U.S.; Methods of terrorism; Discussion on risk assessment; Importance of understanding the potential consequences of an attack; Description of the procedure that must be followed by the emergency response team.
- Terrorism insurance bill not yet a done deal. Mandel, Christopher E. // Business Insurance;8/26/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p10
Focuses on the terrorism reinsurance issues in the U.S. Legislation of terrorism insurance bill; Implications of the legislation for insurance industry stakeholders; Concerns on risk management.
- A STRATEGIC APPROACH TO RISK FINANCING. Berg, Gregory; Miccolis, Jerry // Risk Management (00355593);Jul95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p46
Transferring too much rick can cause losses of up to millions of dollars a year, while companies that underestimate risk will fail to protect their assets. In either case, a solid strategic risk financing program provides a company with more control over its insurance program at a lower cost....
- Heberlein: latest developments in air-interlacing jets. // Chemical Fibers International;Aug2003 Man-Made Fiber Year Book, Vol. 53, p58
The author of this article argues that medical risk management faces a highly uncertain future. Due to the increase in litigation in U.S. society, medical claims frequency is slightly up while claims severity has increased sharply. Consequently, risk managers in the medical field must help thri...
- Cooperation in automatic yarn inspection. // Chemical Fibers International;Aug2003 Man-Made Fiber Year Book, Vol. 53, p63
In the desire for fairness and equity and as a means to protect the survivors of retirees, the U.S. Congress passed the Retirement Equity Act of 1984 (REA). The REA mandated, among things, that all Employee Retirement Income Security Act qualified plans, whether money purchase, defined benefit,...
- Novel process for the reduction of caprolactam in PA 6. Stier, U. // Chemical Fibers International;Aug2003 Man-Made Fiber Year Book, Vol. 53, p16
This article centers on how the June 1994 edition of the periodical "Risk Management," centers on the topic of environment. For risk managers this is a rather new word and world. In fact it was only about a year ago that the Risk and Insurance Management Society Inc. formed the Environmental...
- BASF: DMF expansion in China. // Chemical Fibers International;Aug2003 Man-Made Fiber Year Book, Vol. 53, p18
This article highlights the 32nd Annual Exhibition of the Risk and Insurance Mangement Society Inc., (RIMS) which was held in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1994. Curiosity attracted many to first-time exhibitor Roche Diagnostic Systems Inc. The firm's portable and quick ONSITE alcohol tests and...