Let Us Now Praise the Starving Idealists
- How Financial News Gets It Wrong. JAFFE, MARSHALL // Research;Jun2013, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p43
In this article, the author focuses on several news related to the finance industry of the U.S. which is published in finance newspapers. He discusses various factors which effect the economic conditions of the country including fiscal cliff, corporate profit and consumer confidence. He further...
- 'Third of IFAs could close'. Watt, Gregor // Money Marketing;10/2/2008, p18
The article reports on the announcement made by Bradbury Hamilton managing director Sheriar Bradbury that a third of Independent Financial Advisers' firms will vanish due to increase in regulation in Great Britain. Bradbury stresses out that a collection of retail distribution review,...
- FINANCIAL ADVISERS & PLANNERS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p71
A list of the top financial advisers and planners in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of advisers and/or planners is presented, including Morgan Stanley, The Wealth Management Group and Nevada State Bank.
- Top 18 financial advisers in New York. // Bond Buyer;12/02/97 Supplement New York, Vol. 322, p44A
Introduces the top 18 financial advisers in New York rated by principal amount of long-term bonds issued from January 1 to October 31, 1997, according to Securities Data Company.
- Publications and videos. // Aging;1993, Issue 365, p71
Discusses the brochure `A Woman's Guide to Pension Rights,' which is available from AARP Fulfillment.
- CFP offers financial planning resources. // Bank Marketing;Feb94, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p78
Reports on the products released by the College for Financial Planning for financial planners who are computerizing their practice. Course called `Computerizing Your Financial Planning Practice'; Publication of a book called `Computer Software Resource Guide.'
- Largest money managers. Szappanos, Anna // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/23/93, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p26
Ranks the largest money managers in Cleveland, Ohio, by assets managed locally. Total tax-exempt assets; Minimum account; Chief investment officer; Number of portfolio analysts on staff.
- Getting personal with fiscal health. Cross, Margaretann // Crain's Chicago Business;2/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, pF6
Focuses on the use of a financial adviser for advice on tax issues and to answer other business questions. Tips on how to choose the best financial adviser; Comments from Agnes A. Roach of A.A. Roach Financial Planning; Description of the various types of financial planners available. INSETS:...
- Personal financial planning. Blackman, Andrew B.; Miller, Milton // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p70
Comments on the advice given by a radio host on how to locate a competent financial planner. Criticism on the assertion that the Registered Investment Advisor requires a greater educational background; American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' (AICPA) Code of Professional Conduct;...