- What Financial Advisors Do. Weikart, Richard J. // Advisor Today;Jun2001, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p14
Addresses financial planning and advisor issues in the United States. Steps in financial planning; Services provided by financial advisors; Development of financial advising in the financial services industry.
- Observer. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on the developments in financial planning industry in the United States as of January 2002. Effectiveness of investment decisions of financial planners; Increase in financial decisions among couples of affluent households; Factors affecting the wide disparity in average contribution...
- Using software in your practice. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, pSR-10
Focuses on financial planners' use of computer software in the United States. Development of a planning style before the purchase of a software; Need for software compatibility with Windows 95 or NT; Need for support from vendors.
- FYI. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p12
Reports the developments in Financial Planning Association (FPA) in the United States as of January 2002. Presentation of Bridge the Gap program designed for financial planners; Details on the FPA Retreat 2002; Approval of ERISA advice bill for financial service industry; Overview of the USA...
- Guarding the Fortress. DeFrancesco, Roccy // Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p102
Provides U.S. financial advisers with some options to protecting their wealthy client's marital home or personal residence from creditors. Factors to consider when devising a plan to protect a client's personal residence; Information on several real estate laws which could protect personal...
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p23
This section presents the results of a public opinion poll of U.S. financial planners on issues regarding their practice, investment confidence, among others, as of August 2000.
- Trade Regulation: No Badge of Honor. Hopewell, Lynn // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan1990, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the occupational regulation policies in the United States. Regulation of financial planners; Registration of investment adviser; Effects of the policy on financial planning as a profession.
- The Big Guys Are Coming. Boone, Norman M. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p30
Looks at the entry of private banks, trust companies and mutual fund/brokerage groups in the financial planning sector of the United States. Impact of the demise of the Glass-Steagall Act on the entry of banks in financial planning; Changes in the compensation structure of employees in the...
- Client Online Trading: Opportunity or Obstacle? Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p54
Explores the impact of online or Internet investment trading on the financial planning profession in the United States. Kinds of people attracted to investment trading online; Reasons people trade online; Customer service of online brokerage business; Implications of online trading on financial...