Rehabilitation and Early Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Was Not Better Than Rehabilitation and Delayed Reconstruction
- A perioperative rehabilitation program for anterior cruciate ligament surgery. Arnold, Todd; Shelbourne, K. Donald // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Jan2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31
Reports on a perioperative rehabilitation program for anterior crucriate ligament surgery. Successful clinical use of the program; Four phases of the program; Preoperative preparation; Postsurgery; Concentrated rehabilitation; Sport-specific activities.
- Rehabilitation After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in the Female Athlete. Wilk, Kevin E.; Arrigo, Christopher // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Apr-Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p177
Features a study which discussed the rehabilitation program after anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction in female athletes. Details on the unique characteristics of female athletes; Information on the concepts of ACL rehabilitation; Special considerations for female athletes.
- Isokinetic Identification of Knee Joint Torques before and after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Czaplicki, Adam; Jarocka, Marta; Walawski, Jacek // PLoS ONE;12/8/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p1
The aim of this study was to evaluate the serial change of isokinetic muscle strength of the knees before and after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (ACLR) in physically active males and to estimate the time of return to full physical fitness. Extension and flexion torques were measured...
- At-home knee rehabilitation. Jensen, Kris // Physician & Sportsmedicine;May96, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p35
Presents information on a number of exercise that can be done to strengthen the knee following a knee injury of surgery while at home. Reasons for strengthening the knee; Important guidelines to follow for safety; Detailed information on the exercises.
- The effect of arc of motion, angular velocity and contraction type on EMG activity of the VMO ... Munoz, S.; Holcomb, W.R. // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Apr-Jun97 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pS53
Investigates the arc of motion, angular velocity and contraction type where the vastus medialis oblique muscle (VMO) is most active in the knee rehabilitation process. Important aspects of knee rehabilitation; Factors affecting the VMO activity.
- Znacaj veï¿½bi otvorenog i zatvorenog kinetickog lanca nakon rekonstrukcije prednje ukrï¿½tene veze. Dubljanin-Raspopovic, Emilija; Kadija, Marko; Mirkov, Dragan; Bumba�irevic, Marko // Vojnosanitetski Pregled: Military Medical & Pharmaceutical Journ;Feb2011, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p170
No abstract available.
- NYQUIST'S TOP FIVE TO-DO'S. // TransWorld Ride BMX;Mar2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p26
The article presents information on how BMX cyclist Ryan Nyquist passes his time since undergoing a surgery to restore the anterior cruciate ligament he tore in early 2007. At the top of his priorities is visiting the rehabilitation center. Even though he does not enjoy going there, he believes...
- A Case Study of an Accelerated Rehabilitation Program on Knee Function Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Nyland, John A.; Currier, Dean P.; Ray, Michael J.; Duby, Mitchell J. // Journal of Sport Rehabilitation;Feb1993, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p53
This paper discusses function changes during an accelerated rehabilitation program at 6, 10, and 52 weeks postsurgery for a college athlete following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction/meniscectomy of the left knee. The effects of combined pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) and...
- Muscle strength and hop performance criteria prior to return to sports after ACL reconstruction. Thomeé, Roland; Kaplan, Yonatan; Kvist, Joanna; Myklebust, Grethe; Risberg, May; Theisen, Daniel; Tsepis, Elias; Werner, Suzanne; Wondrasch, Barbara; Witvrouw, Erik // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p1798
Purpose: The purpose of this article is to present recommendations for new muscle strength and hop performance criteria prior to a return to sports after anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction. Methods: A search was made of relevant literature relating to muscle function, self-reported...