Volar Locking Plate Implant Prominence and Flexor Tendon Rupture
- Flexor Tendon Repair and Rehabilitation. Boyer, Martin I.; Strickland, James W.; Engles, Drew R.; Sachar, Kavi; Leversedge, Fraser J. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Sep2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 9, p1684
Examines developments in flexor tendon repair and rehabilitation. Concept of adhesion-free or intrinsic, tendon-healing; surgical exploration and repair of flexor tendon lacerations under loupe magnification; Specific aspects of rehabilitation after flexor tendon surgery.
- Tendon trouble. Crabbe, Barb // Horse & Rider;Jun94, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p66
Explains the mechanics behind the contracted-tendons condition of horses to facilitate its prevention. Flexural deformity of the legs; Structures involved; Risk assessment guidelines. INSET: Congenital deformities..
- Tendon stiffness? Barakat, Christine; McCluskey, Mick // Equus;Sep2011, Issue 408, p13
The article reports that a study performed in the bioengineering lab at Newcastle University's School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering revealed the relationship between advancing age and changes in the elasticity of two flexor tendons in the equine leg.
- RETRIEVING TENDONS. Ames, Elliot L. // Orthopedics;Jun2006, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p479
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Retrieving Tendon Ends in Zone II Flexor Tendon Injuries," by Christine Ho and Stephen Schnall in the February 2006 issue of "Orthopedics."
- RETRIEVING TENDONS. Ho, Christine; Schnall, Stephen // Orthopedics;Jun2006, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p479
Presents a response by Christine Ho and Stephen Schnall to a letter to the editor about their article "Retrieving Tendon Ends in Zone II Flexor Tendon Injuries" in the February 2006 issue of "Orthopedics."
- Pulley Plasty Versus Resection of One Slip of the Flexor Digitorum Superficialis After Repair of Both Flexor Tendons in Zone II. Paillard, P.J.; Amadio, P.C.; Zhao, C.; Zobitz, M.E.; AN, K.N. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Nov2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 11, p2039
Background: The outcome of repair of zone-II lacerations of the flexor digitorum superficialis and flexor digitorum profundus tendons remains suboptimal. We investigated the effects of two strategies to improve postoperative gliding in a human cadaveric hand. Methods: The second, third, and...
- Management of Extensor Tendon Injuries. Griffin, M.; Hindocha, S.; Jordan, D.; Saleh, M.; Khan, W. // Open Orthopaedics Journal;2012 Special Issue 001, Vol. 6 Issue S1, p36
Extensor tendon injuries are very common injuries, which inappropriately treated can cause severe lasting impairment for the patient. Assessment and management of flexor tendon injuries has been widely reviewed, unlike extensor injuries. It is clear from the literature that extensor tendon...
- Golfer's elbow. Rogers, Ralph // Pulse;10/27/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 32, p22
The article offers information about called golfer's elbow, an overuse injury of the flexor tendon attaching to the medial epicondyle caused by sports activities, including golf swinging and weightlifting, and the how to treat it using therapeutic exercises.
- Recent Advances and Developments in Hand Surgery. Khan, W. S.; Malik, A. // Open Orthopaedics Journal;2012 Special Issue 001, Vol. 6 Issue S1, p11
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within January 2, 2012 the issue on topics including peripheral nerve injuries and flexor tendon injuries.