Preoperative Alcohol Screening Scores: Association with Complications in Men Undergoing Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Lateral Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty Through a Lateral Parapatellar Approach Has High Early Survivorship. Berend, Keith; Kolczun, Michael; George, Joseph; Lombardi, Adolph // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Jan2012, Vol. 470 Issue 1, p77
Background: The literature suggests lateral unicompartmental knee arthroplasties are associated with low revision rates. However, there are fewer reports describing techniques for lateral unicompartmental arthroplasty and whether technique influences ROM and function compared to reports for...
- Densitometric kneecap changes after unilateral knee arthroplasty. BARCHETTI, F.; STAGNITTI, A.; ALANSARI, N.; DE MARCO, V.; MONTECHIARELLO, S.; FORTE, V.; NOCE, V.; GLORIOSO, M.; SORRENTINO, V.; BARCHETTI, G.; PASQUALITTO, E.; MARINI, A.; MARINI, M. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;Apr2014, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1224
PURPOSE: To assess bone density of kneecaps in subjects with femoro-tibial prothesis before and after surgery by means of DEXA examination. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: We examined 34 patients with unilateral femoro-tibial prosthesis, 20 healthy subjects of the same age and non-carriers of knee...
- Um, next week let's hit the strip clubs. Doskoch, Peter // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the effect of drinking alcohol on people's tendency to utter the word `um.' Study by University of California psychologist Nicholas Christenfeld; Carelessness of intoxicated people about what they are saying.
- To drink or not to drink: The differential role of alcohol expectancies and drinking refusal... Baldwin, Andrea; Oei, Tian P.S. // Cognitive Therapy & Research;Dec93, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p511
Examines the relationships between alcohol expectancies (AE) and drinking refusal self-efficacy (DRSE) beliefs and quantity and frequency aspects of alcohol consumption with the use of structural equation modeling. DRSE related inversely to frequency of drinking; AE and DRSE's role in...
- Alcohol and increased behavioral risk for AIDS. Cooper, M. Lynne // Alcohol Health & Research World;1992, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p64
Evaluates research that examines the relationship between alcohol use and sexual behavior. Review of the most current research on the issue of sexual risk-taking behavior and alcohol; Review of survey research; The content of individually held beliefs about alcohol's effects on sexual behavior;...
- Alcohol link with violence is unproven. Heath, Dwight B. // Addiction Letter;Feb94, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p1
States that a link between alcohol and aggression has not been proven. Results of various studies; Discussion of alcohol's pharmacologic properties; Longitudinal study which found that youthful aggressive behavior predicts heavy drinking far more forcefully than drinking predicts aggression.
- The impact of presence versus absence of negative consequences in dramatic portrayals of alcohol... Bahk, C.Mo. // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Spring97, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p18
Examines the impact of presence versus absence of negative consequences in dramatic portrayals of alcohol drinking. Effects of alcohol-related messages conveyed through mass media; Social learning theory; Dramatic violence literature.
- Nondrinkers seem likable. Carey, Benedict; Weiss, Rick // Health (Time Inc. Health);Nov/Dec92, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p14
Reports on a recent study of 400 Florida State University Freshmen and how non-drinkers were viewed. Work of psychologists Alan Lang, Mark Winiarski, and Lisa Curtin; Use of a vignette about a campus party; Differences between this and previous research; How they felt about the characters in...
- A couple of drinks, a couple of bucks? // Beverage World;Oct94, Vol. 113 Issue 1576, p26
Presents the results of economist Michael French and Gary Zarkin's study on the relationship between drinking behavior, wages and personal characteristics of moderate drinkers.