Optimizing Prelicensure Students' Learning in Clinical Settings: Addressing the Lack of Clinical Sites
- La formaciï¿½n clï¿½nica de las enfermeras y la figura del tutor en el siglo XXI, un reto para los docentes. Ruiz, Carmen Solano // Cultura de los Cuidados;Dec2012, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p9
No abstract available.
- The Clinical Placement, 2nd Edition: An essential guide for nursing students. Berryman, Ros // ACORN: the Journal of Perioperative Nursing in Australia;Autumn2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p35
The article reviews the book ``The Clinical Placement: An essential Guide for Nursing Students'' 2nd ed. by Tracy Levitt-Jones and Sharon Bourgeois.
- Mobile classroom. // Australian Nursing Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the Southern Cross University mobile Learning and Research Facility in New South Wales, which allows nursing and midwifery students in remote locations access to education and includes a classroom, health simulation equipment, stretchers, patient care chair and an infant cot.
- GUEST EDITORIAL. Richardson-Tench, Marilyn // ACORN: the Journal of Perioperative Nursing in Australia;Spring2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p5
The author discusses her concern over comments made on the expectations of new graduate nurses during the first stage of the National Competency Tool for assessment of undergraduate nursing students.
- Nurse education: strike a balance. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p4
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the education of nurses in Australia.
- Clinical placements: are we heading towards a 'buyer's market'? Elcock, Karen // British Journal of Nursing;8/8/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p905
In this article the author reflects on tariffs which were implemented in Great Britain in April of 2013 by the British government in an effort to address inequities in the way that clinical education and training were funded. In the article the author offers her opinions on the tariffs and on...
- Changing the Postclinical Conference: New Time, New Place, New Methods Equal Success. YEHLE, KAREN S.; ROYAL, POLLY A. // Nursing Education Perspectives;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p256
The article discusses a nursing course's post-conference format which is called a clinical conference and helps undergraduate students learn problem solving, critical thinking, and evaluation of patient situations. The timing and setting of the conference and use of learning methods based on the...
- Clinical Nursing Education: Current reflections. Maxwell, Karen // Nursing Education Perspectives;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p261
The article reviews the book "Clinical Nursing Education: Current Reflections," by Nell Ard and Theresa M. Valiga.
- FUTURE OF NURSING. TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNERSHIPS IN NURSING EDUCATION. NIEDERHAUSER, VICTORIA; MACINTYRE, RICHARD C.; GARNER, CATHERINE; TEEL, CYNTHIA; MURRAY, TERI A. // Nursing Education Perspectives;Nov2010, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p353
Although the nursing care environment has changed significantly over the past 30 years, little has changed in the educational methods used to prepare new nurses. Since the 1930s, most clinical education in nursing has been structured with a faculty member supervising a small group of students on...