Optimizing Prelicensure Students' Learning in Clinical Settings: Addressing the Lack of Clinical Sites
- Mobile classroom. // Australian Nursing Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the Southern Cross University mobile Learning and Research Facility in New South Wales, which allows nursing and midwifery students in remote locations access to education and includes a classroom, health simulation equipment, stretchers, patient care chair and an infant cot.
- La formaciÃ³n clÃnica de las enfermeras y la figura del tutor en el siglo XXI, un reto para los docentes. Ruiz, Carmen Solano // Cultura de los Cuidados;Dec2012, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p9
No abstract available.
- The Clinical Placement, 2nd Edition: An essential guide for nursing students. Berryman, Ros // ACORN: The Journal of Perioperative Nursing in Australia;Autumn2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p35
The article reviews the book ``The Clinical Placement: An essential Guide for Nursing Students'' 2nd ed. by Tracy Levitt-Jones and Sharon Bourgeois.
- Changing the Postclinical Conference: New Time, New Place, New Methods Equal Success. YEHLE, KAREN S.; ROYAL, POLLY A. // Nursing Education Perspectives;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p256
The article discusses a nursing course's post-conference format which is called a clinical conference and helps undergraduate students learn problem solving, critical thinking, and evaluation of patient situations. The timing and setting of the conference and use of learning methods based on the...
- Clinical Nursing Education: Current reflections. Maxwell, Karen // Nursing Education Perspectives;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p261
The article reviews the book "Clinical Nursing Education: Current Reflections," by Nell Ard and Theresa M. Valiga.
- FUTURE OF NURSING. TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNERSHIPS IN NURSING EDUCATION. NIEDERHAUSER, VICTORIA; MACINTYRE, RICHARD C.; GARNER, CATHERINE; TEEL, CYNTHIA; MURRAY, TERI A. // Nursing Education Perspectives;Nov2010, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p353
Although the nursing care environment has changed significantly over the past 30 years, little has changed in the educational methods used to prepare new nurses. Since the 1930s, most clinical education in nursing has been structured with a faculty member supervising a small group of students on...
- Dharma Water Purifies Nursing Education. Hui-Ling Lai // Tzu Chi Nursing Journal;May2013, Vol. 7, p9
The article focuses on the dharma path and the annual retreat of the Tzu Chi Foundation wherein the teachers, nursing department heads and staff broadened their understanding of nursing principle of delivering nursing care based on humanity and integrity. The author states that nursing students...
- Award Winning Centralized Online Clinical Orientation Program Expanding. Griffith, Mary H. // Arizona Nurse;Nov2013, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p11
No abstract available.
- Clinical placement beneficial. // Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p47
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Nurse Education: Strike a Balance", which appeared in the June 2013 issue and was concerned with clinical placement in nursing education.