CTP expands, merges with ASET
- SEAC designates 4 new base ports on Adriatic. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;6/17/96, Vol. 246 Issue 12, p41
Reports on South Europe American Conference's (SEAC) designation of Venice, Trieste, Ancona and Ravenna as Adriatic Sea base ports in eastern Italy. SEAC's all-water rates; Sea-Land Service Inc.'s launching of a dedicated feeder service to the new SEAC base ports.
- House of Representatives marks P.R. Shipping Association's 40 years. SANTIAGO, JAIME // Caribbean Business;11/25/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 46, p36
The article reports on recognition received by the Puerto Rico Shippers Association (PRSA) from the commonwealth House of Representatives for its efforts in keeping a viable shipping industry in Puerto Rico.
- Telecom leader for business development. LEWIS, CARLA // Caribbean Business;11/25/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 46, p38
The article reports on recognition received by the Puerto Rico Shippers Association (PRSA) from the commonwealth House of Representatives for the organization's effort in maintaining a viable shipping industry in the island.
- Obama Introduces Transit Bill That Extends Federal Authority. // U.S. Rail News;12/16/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p5
The article reports that President Barack Obama's administration has unveiled a transit safety bill that extends federal authority on transit agencies in the U.S.
- A way to lower shipping costs. Cottrill, Ken // Nation's Business;Dec98, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p33
Focuses on cooperatives, the nonprofit organizations that leverage their buying power to lower the cost of freight shipments for their customers. Number of member cooperatives of the American Institute for Shippers' Associations in Washington D.C.; Decline of the popularity of cooperatives;...
- Container Charter Rates Plunge. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/17/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p8
The article informs that Hamburg Shipping Association has reported that container ship charter rates have fallen by half since March 2011 as a result of great vessel overcapacity
- Passanger Shipping. // AirGuide Online.com;3/22/2010, p6
The article reports on the statistics presented by the Passenger Shipping Association (PSA) which shows 4% increase of cruise travelers in Great Britain.
- Time to put short transport vehicles for horses into park. Kirk, Mark // Hill;6/8/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 80, p29
The article reports on the passage of the Horse Transportation Safety Act that would restrict horse transportation in interstate commerce in the U.S.
- NASSTRAC Role Filled. // World Trade: WT100;Feb2014, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
The article announces that Gail Rutkowski has been appointed executive director of the National Shippers Strategic Transportation Council (NASSTRAC).