Ruling in patent lawsuit favors Bendix
- ADDITIONAL DEVELOPMENTS--PATENT. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;Annual Review 2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p227
Reports on the decision of U.S courts on cases involving patent infringement. Effect of language found only in the preamble on the scope of a claim; Invalidation of a patent under the on-sale bar; Patent claim narrowed by representation made in the prosecution history.
- Trudel to form. Trudel, John D. // Electronic Design;09/02/97, Vol. 45 Issue 19, p80R
Opinion. Focuses on the support given during the Patent Wars. Comments from Patent Commissioner Bruce Lehman; Information on the bills in Congress, H.R. 400 and S. 507; Contact information.
- Applied in court again; Novellus counterpunches. Erkanat, Judy // Electronic News;06/30/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2174, p10
Focuses on the two patent infringement lawsuits filed in the United States. Novellus Systems Inc. against Applied Materials Inc.; Applied Materials Inc. against Varian Associates Inc.
- Bright ideas. Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Nov97, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p102
Focuses on patent infringement lawsuit while highlighting how persons can protect their most valuable asset. Reference to a 1997 Economic Survey by the American Intellectual Property Law Association (IPLA); Information on the United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO); Listing of attacks...
- What to do with hot patent potato. Chen, Peter // Electronic News;04/06/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2213, p8
Editorial. Presents the steps on how alleged `infringers' can deal with notice of patent enforcement. Includes obtaining a copy of the patent; Retention of a patent counsel; Need for a formal opinion of non-infringement or invalidity; Drawbacks of product changes and negotiating with the...
- On guard! Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Aug1997, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p92
Presents advice on how businesses can prevent patent infringement. Role of the United States Patent and Trade Office; Examination of some patent infringement laws; Procedure for filing a patent infringement lawsuit.
- Non-infringing alternatives make their way into Canadian law. Crowne, Emir // Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice;Dec2015, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p989
The article reports that the Canadian Federal Court of Appeal endorsed the relevance of non-infringing alternatives focused on assessing patent damages.
- Patent agents promise cheaper alternative for court actions. // Professional Engineering;05/26/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the British government's decision to allow members of the Chartered Institute of Patent Agents (CIPA) to act as solicitors in patent infringement cases. Limitation for High Court cases; Effect of decision on the such court actions; Need for approval from a litigation accreditation board.
- Protecting The Company's Smarts. Green, Paula L. // Treasury & Risk Management;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p47
Focuses on the protection against theft of intellectual property in the U.S. Emphasis of the issue of sufficient patent infringement insurance; Impact on the market and the ability of insurers to write to the clients; Importance of risk management.