Economic trends buoying Class 8 vehicle demand
- Trailer production levels stabilizing: FTR. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2010, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p10
The article highlights the projected market improvement for trailers in 2010 with the stabilization of production levels.
- Banner year for trailer shipments. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2005, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p4
Reports on an increase in truck trailer shipments in the U.S. in 2004. Trailer categories which were part of the market growth; Factors that influence the ability of the trailer industry to raise production rates; Demand for Class 8 trucks.
- Double negatives. // Truck & Driver;Nov2011, p28
The article offers the author's insights on the negative factors of using B-double truck trailer. The author notes that despite the high productivity produced by B-double in Australia and Great Britain, it is an expensive choice for Australian trucking as it costs 15,340 Australian dollars. He...
- Trailer manufacturers post 65% gain. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the average 65% increase in production posted by leading truck trailer manufacturers in North America. The number of truck trailers shipped by the manufacturers have increased from 78,525 trailers in 2009 to 121,128 in 2010, according to the results of the annual survey by...
- European trailer output may top 200,000. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2005, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p12
Predicts the increase in heavy-goods trailer production in Europe by 2009, according to the "European Truck-Trailer Report 2005." Information contained in the report; Explanation from Jim Gibbins, one of the report's authors.
- Denby Double or quits. Weatherley, Brian // Commercial Motor;11/25/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5106, p14
Reports on the set of test results obtained by Denby Transport for its 60-tonne double trailer artic. Background on the test trials which was supervised by the British Transport Advisory in June 2004; Information on its safety and productivity trials which involves braking performance, fuel...
- Innovation exchange. // Bulk Transporter;Oct2006, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p46
The article highlights the 2006 Innovation Exchange of Heil Trailer International which featured reports on a number of product enhancements intended to boost productivity and improve driver safety. The event was held in Kentucky and it was attended by fleet managers, tank trailer dealers and...
- December Class 8 orders lowest in two years. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p6
This article reports on the decline in Class 8 net orders for December 2008, according to FTR Associates' North American Commercial Truck and Trailers Outlook service. Only 119,100 units were sold during the three-month period from October-December 2008. The forecast for 2009 faces a downward...
- Tough year for trailers. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2008, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the production output of truck trailer manufacturers in North America in 2007 based on the results of the "Trailer/Body Builders" annual survey. There was a 22% decline in the number of trailers produced by the 30 leading trailer firms. It implies that the increase in...