- Frequently Asked Multistate Tax Questions. // Journal of State Taxation;Summer2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p95
Provides the states that permit the deduction of federal income taxes for state corporate tax purposes in the U.S. Percent deduction of federal income tax in Alabama and Iowa; Limitation of the deduction for federal income taxes; Use of the unitary business concept and combined reporting.
- Deduct S corporation losses the right way. Blackman, Irving L.; Whitlock, Brian T. // Modern Machine Shop;Dec97, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p36
Offers insights on tax deductions for losses incurred by an S corporation in the United States. Deduction of losses against ordinary income by any shareholder active in the affairs of the corporations; Limit on amount of tax that can be deducted from S corporation losses; Conversion of...
- Frequently Asked Multistate Tax Questions. // Journal of State Taxation;Fall2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p100
Presents frequently asked questions concerning multistate taxation in the U.S. States that have adopted the federal charitable deductions for corporations; States that permit corporations to claim a deduction for charitable contributions greater than the federal income tax limit; States that...
- GIVING TO THE LIMIT? CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS OF CORPORATIONS. Auten, Gerald; McClelland, John // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2001, p246
Provides an overview of data and issues with respect to corporate charitable contributions. Major tax rules affecting charitable contribution deductions by corporations; Analysis of key issues of interest; Implications on taxation and public finance.
- Ontario 2000 budget. // Accountancy;Jun2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1282, p123
The article focuses on a report presented by Ernst & Young regarding Canada's Ontario 2000 budget. According to the report, highlights of year 2000 budget were higher than expected 1999 revenues leading to larger tax refunds, the introduction of a personal "tax on income" system, and a reduction...
- Applying the new meal limits to pass-through entities. Morris, Ed // CPA Journal;Mar1994, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p12
Presents reporting rules for the meal and entertainment expenses of fiscal-year partnerships and S corporations on their 1993 income tax returns. Reduced deductions for such expenses; Cap for calendar years beginning January 1, 1994.
- Payments of interest on bearer bonds. Gammie, Malcolm // Accountancy;Feb1980, Vol. 91 Issue 1038, p16
The article examines the problem regarding the payment of interest by resident companies in Great Britain under deduction of income tax. The obligation to deduct income tax applies only to British source interest--that is, interest charged under Sched D, Case III. Foreign source interest will be...
- Net operating losses of consolidated member. // Practical Accountant;Feb99, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p14
Cites tax laws concerning expenses incurred by a member of a consolidated group. Net operating losses does not qualify as a special liability loss.
- GEORGIA Revenue Still Going Down. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/20/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33170, p9
The article reports on the decline of net revenues in Georgia in 2009. According to Georgia Department of Revenue, net revenue accumulations for July were 1.09 billion U.S. dollars equated to 1.21 billion U.S. dollars in July 2008. Corporate income tax collections were 14 million dollars, while...