Women and the Labour Vote, 1945-50
- The Mismeasure of Political Man. Dryzek, John S. // Journal of Politics;Aug88, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p705
Focuses on the application of opinion survey as an instrument of scientific study of politics. Diversity of speculation on political man; Criticisms on opinion surveys since their introduction to political science; Theory and culture involved in survey instrument.
- The permanent campaign. Ornstein, Norman J.; Mitchell, Amy S. // World & I;Jan97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p48
Deals with the role of public opinion polls in shaping government policies. Andrew Jackson's creation of the modern concept of campaigning; Extensive use of the media; Developments in statistical sampling techniques.
- Philippine Freedom--or American Rubber? // New Republic;9/16/25, Vol. 44 Issue 563, p83
Comments on the probable propaganda drive intended to change public opinion of the Americans on the ultimate political destiny of the Philippines. Suitability of the Islands for American rubber plantation; Extension of the rubber industry in the Orient; Demand of the Filipinos to takeover on...
- Care to reduce absenteeism? // American Printer;Mar96, Vol. 216 Issue 6, p16
Discusses the results of a poll on companies conducted by Canon Consulting Group. Reduction of worker absenteeism.
- FOR THE RECORD. // National Review;7/3/1987, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p11
Reports on developments concerning politics and economy as of July 3, 1987. Would-be U.S. Republican leaders present in a Midwestern Republican Leadership Conference hosted by Des Moines, Iowa; U.S. Polls on the Democratic presidential nominees topped by Jesse Jackson; Truce in legal warfare...
- Puerto Rico: 51st State? // America;3/11/1967, Vol. 116 Issue 10, p337
The article discusses issues related to the July 23, 1967 plebiscite in Puerto Rico on the political status of the country. A public opinion poll released in the San Juan "Star" found that 61.6 percent of the people in Puerto Rico are in favor of statehood. According to the article, many Puerto...
- Grow with the flow. Bittel, Jason // New Scientist;1/7/2017, Vol. 232 Issue 3107, p32
The article discusses the influence that bioelectricity has in cell communication, body formation and developmental biology, including through referencing research conducted by developmental biologist Michael Levin. An overview of planaria's ability to regenerate heads through bioelectrical...
- First, Kill All the Pollsters. Rivlin, Allan // National Journal;9/11/99, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p2572
Talks about the influence of public opinion polls on elections in the United States. Influence of the polls over media coverage and campaign contributions; Polling as a major obstacle to political reform; Credibility of the polls; Why early surveys are of limited predictive value.
- Knowing the Public Mind. Bowman, Karlyn // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p90
Questions whether public opinion is a reliable guide in politics. Implications of polling for the processes of democracy; Examination of whether the proliferation of polls devalue the polling enterprise.