Ethnic conflict in the North East of England: the case on the Irish immigrants
- Zapatismo and the workers movement in Mexico at the end of the century. Roman, Richard; Arregui, Edur Velasco // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p98
Examines the conditions of the Mexican working class and the emerging modes of working class resistance and struggle. Distinctive meaning of the `social contracts' in Mexico; Collapse of living standards; Chiapas rebellion and independent worker response; Assault of neo-liberalism; Official...
- THE CLASS THAT BURIED ITSELF. Petrosek, Miloslav // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Spring2002, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p7
Explores the conditions of the working class. Reconcentration of the class struggle between the bourgeoisie and the proletariat on emerging social movements and interest; Obscurity of the 19th century and early 20th century workers' movement by ideologist of 'state socialism'; Impact of the...
- Corrections. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Jan2014, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p62
Corrections to the article "Class War and Labor's Declining Share" by Fred Magdoff and John Bellamy Foster, which appeared in the March 2013 issue, are presented.
- Ethnic Conflict: Why and How? Guangyu Jiang; Min Chen // Advances in Psychology (21607273);Jan2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p36
Ethnic conflict endangers a nation's prosperity and stability to a great extent; it also became one of the hot topics in the study of social psychology. Many researchers explored the causes of ethnic conflict from different aspects and put forward three theories: realistic group conflict theory,...
- "Naturally I am passionate, ill-tempered, and arrogantâ€¦": Father Matthew J. Whelan and French-English Conflict in Ontario, 1881-1922. McEvoy, Frederick J. // Historical Studies;2006, Vol. 72, p54
The period from the 1880s to the 1920s was marked by a struggle between anglophones and francophones for control of the Catholic Church in Ontario. The language of instruction in separate schools became a major issue, particularly in Ottawa, following the promulgation of Regulation 17, which...
- Something About Baseball: Gentrifcation, "Race Sponsorship," and Neighborhood Boys' Baseball. // Sociology of Sport Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p307
The research focused on the examination of factors behind a story of racial accommodation in working-class neighborhood in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which is formerly renowned for racial violence and exclusion. The space of boy's baseball provides an opportunity to understand how class and...
- Special Issue on Social Conflict - Preface. Glazer, Amihai; Konrad, Kai K. // Economics of Governance;2001, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
Introduces a series of articles dealing with social conflict.
- The Polish Workers and the Crisis of Bureaucratic Socialism. Mandel, David // Labour, Capital & Society;Apr1981, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p74
No abstract available.
- Ethnic Conflicts in the European North of Russia. Shabaev, Iu P. // Anthropology & Archeology of Eurasia;Winter20092010, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p31
The article presents a study which analyzes various forms of ethnic conflicts in the European North of Russia. The ethnic-based group interests is discussed by using constructivist understanding of the nature of ethnicity and the territorial interests in historical contexts is analyzed by using...