Britain, United States and Australia : some comparative reflections
- The Future of the Labor Movement. // Social Policy;Winter2004/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p24
This section presents a cover page for as series of articles on the labor movement.
- Stand together. McConnell, Carolyn // Yes!;Fall2003, Issue 27, p33
Features the United States-based worker-rights activist group, Jobs With Justice. History of the organization; Issues focused on by the organization; Mission of Jobs With Justice.
- Laborers: Another revolt possible. // Filipino Reporter;2/28/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p15
The article reports that labor group Partido ng Manggagawa (PM) warned of another people power revolt if politicians are not able to make living in the Philippines better.
- Less Corn, More Hell. O'Connell, Tom // Progressive;Jan86, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the formation of a farm movement in St. Paul, Minnesota with an aim to protect the family farm and appeal for debt relief and prices geared to the cost of production. Activities and resources of the farm movement; Lack of political support for the farm movement; Role of agribusiness,...
- The Future of the Labor Left. Hassan, Khalil // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p60
Focuses on the labor left movement in the United States. Three general tendencies exhibited by the labor left; Factors that contributes to a sense of urgency for labor's left; Discussion on the ideology of organizing; Issues that a labor left must consider to revitalize the labor movement.
- The crisis in labour history. Fielding, Steven // Labour History Review;Winter95, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p48
Comments on an editorial of former editor David Howell concerning the crisis in labor history in Great Britain. Study of British labor movement policy; Problems faced by the labor movement; Role of labor history to lead the applause rather than problematize.
- The Making of Labour Zionism as a Moral Community: Workers' Tribunals in 1920s Palestine. De Vries, David // Labour History Review;Summer2000, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p139
Discusses the evolution of workers' tribunals in Palestine during the 1920s. Development of the Jewish Labor Movement in eastern Europe over the three decades preceding the First World War; Establishment of the Histadrut as the executioner of the Zionist colonization movement; Labor-market...
- Catholic Social Action and the Labor Movement. Masse, Benjamin L. // America;8/31/1957, Vol. 97 Issue 22, p540
The article discusses the Catholic social action movement and the labor movement in the U.S. It recalls the first national social action congress held in Cleveland, Ohio in 1955. There was a tendency to search for new issues as well as question the tried techniques of the past. The congress...
- NATIONAL AND REGIONAL ACTIVITIES. MacDougall, Ian // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn73, Issue 27, p4
The article presents a report on the activities of students of labor history in Sussex, England. The Sussex Society for the Study of Labour History was formed in 1971. Since its inception, the Society held regular meetings to discuss talks on various aspects of labour history, given by guest...