An overview of issues
- Shortages and the labour market. Powell, Ian // New Zealand Doctor;6/2/2004, p45
Addresses the problem of physician shortages in New Zealand's district health boards. Causes of the shortages; Impact of the nature of public hospital rosters; Physician practice groups that are vulnerable.
- Native- and Foreign-Born Workers. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun2006, p13
The article discusses data on native- and foreign-born workers in the United States. In 2005, foreign-born employees represented around 15% of the labor force. Around 80% of native-born workers are non-Hispanic or non-Latino whites, while almost half of foreign-born workers are Hispanic or...
- Key data. // Labour Market Trends;May2005, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p177
Presents statistical information on the labor market in Great Britain. Employment status; Unemployment rate; Workless households.
- Labour market statistics quarterly update. // Labour Market Trends;May2005, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p183
Presents information on the updated quarterly labor market statistics in Great Britain. Public sector employment statistics; Working-age benefits data; Release of 2001 Census Standard Tables for England and Wales on Nomis database.
- Using the Labour Force Survey to map the care workforce. Simon, Antonia; Owen, Charlie // Labour Market Trends;May2005, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p201
Discusses the application of Labour Force Survey (LFS) in mapping the care of workforce in Great Britain. Factors that influence the care of workforce; Methods of data extraction in the LFS; Classification of occupations under the Standard Occupational Classification. INSETS: Key...
- Seasonal adjustment review of the claimant count series. Vijayakumar, Nimmy // Labour Market Trends;May2005, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p209
Discusses the seasonal adjustment review of the claimant count series in the labor market in Great Britain. Challenges in analyzing claimant count series; Recommendation from the 2005 review; Revisions to seasonally adjusted claimant count series from January 2002 to January 2005. INSETS: Key...
- Key data. // Labour Market Trends;Jul2005, Vol. 113 Issue 7, p269
Presents a summary of the labor market in Great Britain from the third quarter of 2004 through April 2005.
- Projections of Manpower Supply in a Specific Occupation. Rosenthal, Neal // Monthly Labor Review;Nov66, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p1262
Discusses methods of making projections of manpower supply. Establishment of current supply estimates; Development of annual job force entrants from all sources for the period that the projection is to cover; Aggregation of base current supply with estimates of annual number of entrants;...
- Seasonal Adjustment. // Employment & Earnings;Jan2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p317
The article offers an explanation to the seasonal adjustment of the labor force in the U.S. The levels of employment and unemployment, and other measures of labor market activity undergo sharp fluctuations due to seasonal events which follow a more or less regular pattern each year, and their...