The use of trade union banners in education
- Pushing the Frontier. // Multichannel News;9/9/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p13
Focuses on the program on the use of a two-way video connection between students and long distance professors in the U.S. Sources of funds for the program; Features of long distance learning program; Amount of funding for distance learning.
- CCC's release of Destination Software series online bolsters move to internet-delivered products. // Electronic Education Report;12/08/99, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Announces the extension of Computer Curriculum Corp.'s online learning offerings through the November 1999 launch of CCC Destinations Internet software series.
- AUDIOVISUAL REVIEW: FILMS & VIDEO. Wendel, Elise; Mandell, Phyllis Levy // School Library Journal;Mar89, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p143
Reviews the videocassette, The Complete Yellowstone.
- Beauty of Blogging: But is it Too Much Information? // District Administration;Jan2006, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses the expanding trend of blogging on teachers and administrators in the U.S. Blogging is thought to be an easy way to publish content to the Web. It also provides substantial learning opportunities for children and ways to get connected with other people. Blogging also...
- Reading against and writing back. Sligo, Frank // English Teaching: Practice & Critique (Emerald Group Publishing ;2015, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p350
Purpose â€“ The purpose of this paper is to explore how student learning materials, such as textbooks, are becoming more oriented toward multi-modal approaches using visuality and orality. While such approaches may help students to understand and then to reproduce taught materials, the...
- Teaching through tele-conferencing: Some curriculum challenges. Omatseye, Jim Nesin // College Student Journal;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p346
The article explores the intricate experience of using a two way interactive television as a means of instruction aimed at achieving some specific curriculum goals. Some Advantages and Challenges of using this medium are discussed for the benefit of first time users. The paper argues in favor of...
- The Study Guidebook for Written Assignments in Britain and in Pakistan. Ahmad, Mumtaz // Asian Journal of Distance Education;Dec2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p32
Like past, in present era formal education is not meeting the needs of individuals both in developed and developing countries. Therefore concept of distance education has evolved as an alternative to the formal system of education. Study guides are most widely used and well known medium of...
- Software & courseware. // T H E Journal;May94, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p38
Presents several software products and other materials designed for distance education. Includes KeyStone Learning Systems' Watch & Learn series of instructional videotapes; Applied Educational Systems Inc.'s Version 7.30 of the Administrative Answer software; Claris Corp.'s MacWrite Pro 1.5....
- CONFERENCE CALENDAR. Schlosser, Charles // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Summer2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p129
A calendar of conferences on distance education to be held in 2013 is presented including ASTD TechKnowledge conference, CUE Annual Conference and World Conference on Educational Media and Technology.