The collection of labour history records in the UK
- CLASSIFIED LIST OF ARCHIVE DEPOSITIONS 1972. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn74, Issue 29, p59
This article presents a list of sources for labor history which have been abstracted from Accessions to Repositories and Reports Added to the National Register of Archives 1972.
- History and Memory: The Problem of the Archive. Blouin Jr., Francis X. // PMLA: Publications of the Modern Language Association of America;Mar2004, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p296
Focuses on the problem of the archive. Space occupied by the reader and the author; Factors leading to modern literature.
- Archives: A company's link to tomorrow through yesterday. Genn, Adina // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/24/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 60, p15A
This article focuses on corporate archives. Those old files the history of the organization. And histories can demonstrate to investors and the general public that have been around for a long time and here's what one have contributed. Intact histories may also prove invaluable when building a...
- Paths to power. Morgan, K.O. // New Statesman & Society;8/2/91, Vol. 4 Issue 162, p55
Reviews two books on the topic of unionism. `Trade Unions in British Politics: The First 250 Years,' (second edition), edited by Ben Pimlott and Chris Cook; `The Making of the Transport and General Workers' Union, Volume 1, Parts 1 and 2,' by Ken Coates and Tony Topham.
- MAJOR ACCESSIONS TO REPOSITORIES IN 2001 RELATING TO THE LABOUR MOVEMENT. Hughes, Kate // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Dec2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p317
The article presents information about major accessions to repositories and archives in 2001 relating to the labor movement. The Historical Manuscripts Commission (HMC) collects information from over 200 record repositories throughout the British Isles relating to their manuscript accessions...
- Is That Copyright Too Strong? Copyright in Archival Material. Dryden, Jean // Journal of Canadian Studies;Spring2006, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p163
The holdings of Canada's archives serve as the raw material for all manner of new works, but the application of copyright to archival material can be difficult. This article provides a brief overview of the Canadian "Copyright Act" and how it works, and describes the characteristics of archival...
- Brasiliana USP. // E-Journal of Portuguese History;Winter2007, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses the Brasiliana USP project from the Deanâ€™s Office of the University of SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil. The purpose of the the project is to make available for research and academic purposes the world's largest collection of Brazilian materials managed by a university. The...
- Research in Broadcasting: An Overview of Major Resource Centers. Murray, Michael // American Journalism;Winter1984, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p77
The article presents a brief overview of major broadcast holdings and the obstacles faced by a student of broadcast history in gaining access to primary source material. It mentions the Television News Archive at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee wherein users are asked to describe...
- The new unionism and the new deal. Amberg, Stephen // Review of Politics;Spring93, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p378
Discusses and reviews a book on the rise of American labor unionism. `Labor Will Rule: Sidney Hillman and the Rise of American Labor,' by Steven Fraser.