Hull University's new on-online research guide
- CONDITIONS FOR EFFECTIVE NEGOTIATING CAPACITY. // Confronting Challenges, Maxamizing Opportunities;2007, p127
The article presents some conditions for an effective negotiating capacity. Bhiku Pareck, professor of political Theory at the University of Hull. United Kingdom gave attention and discusses five primary challenges facing an ethnically divided society. Moreover professor Parekh made eight...
- Out of sight, out of mind: the exploitation of migrant workers in 21st-century Britain. Wilkinson, Mick // Journal of Poverty & Social Justice;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p13
Over the past decade, a team at the University of Hull has undertaken four separate but linked research projects investigating the working and living conditions of migrant workers in the United Kingdom (UK).1 Those studies drew on the experiences of a broad range of service providers - national...
- Soybeans for better bones? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/4/2015, pA02
The article reports on the important role of soy protein-riched food for preventing osteoporosis among menopausal women, according to the results of a preliminary study from the University of Hull in England.
- Whitby research group. Barker, Rosalin; Lewis, David B. // Adults Learning;Mar95, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p214
Describes the Whitby Research Group established by the Department of Adult Education at England's University of Hull designed to provide institutional support to research. Problems with research that the program addresses; Nine members; Efforts to obtain equipment; Seminar format of meetings;...
- International accounting research centre. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Dec93, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the launching by England-based University of Hull of a new Center for International Accounting Research. Funding; Officials appointed; Plans to establish a new `Journal of International Accounting'; Comments by Director Richard Briston.
- STRETCHING REVIEW: A scientific review of the benefits, or lack thereof, of stretching. // Journal of Pure Power;Jan2009, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p68
The article presents a review study on assessing whether stretching can reduce the risk of injury. Researchers from the University of Hull and the University of Salford in England focus on the benefits of static stretching as part of a warm-up to prevent injury. It states that low flexibility is...
- Joined up learning. Jansen, Richard // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2012, Issue 851, p54
The article focuses on the chemical engineering course being offered at the University of Hull in England. The course has gained a degree of approval from Sir William Wakeham, president of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE). The course targets those who are already working in the...
- Readex Creates Archive of Americana. // Information Today;Dec2004, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p31
This article reports that Readex has announced the creation of a Web-based Archive of Americana as of December 2004. It will feature fully text-searchable facsimile images. This resource, comprising four major primary source collections, provides online access to printed record in the U.S. The...
- Editor's Annual Report, 2002-2003. Meyerowitz, Joanne // Journal of American History;Sep2003, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p753
Announces the proposed changes to the "The Journal of American History in 2002 to 2003. Upgrade of Recent Scholarship Online searchable database; Scholarship available to members; List of reviewers who volunteer their time to referee manuscripts.