Economic and Social History Foundation of Turkey
- Foundation Reaches Twenty-Five. // California State Library Foundation Bulletin;Summer2007, Issue 87, p26
The article reports on the 25th anniversary of the founding of the California State Library Foundation. The first issue of the "Bulletin" magazine was published in the year when the foundation was established. The creation of the foundation was initiated by the then State Librarian Gary E....
- S&S Donates to First Book. Bean, Joy // Publishers Weekly;10/27/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 43, p16
Focuses on the books donated by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing to the First Book National Book Bank in 2003. Purpose of First Book; Percentage of families at or below the poverty level that have no books for children in their homes.
- LAW OUTSIDE THE MARKET: THE SOCIAL UTILITY OF THE PRIVATE FOUNDATION. Schramm, Carl J. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Fall2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p355
The article argues that the private foundation, an institution of democratic capitalism, exists to strengthen and facilitate the mutually supporting American systems of democratic pluralism and a free-market economy. It discusses existing theories about the social utility of the private...
- NOTICE BOARD. // Nursing Standard;12/10/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p62
The article offers information related to nursing standards in Great Britain. The charity called Education for Health has announced sponsorship opportunities for health professionals undertaking its courses in diabetes or respiratory and cardiovascular diploma, degree or master's level....
- New publisher for serious nonfiction. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/18/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 20, p19
Reports on the launch of Encounter Books. Nonfiction titles in the fields of history, culture, and public affairs that it will publish; Provider of seed money for the venture, The Bradley Foundation; Naming of editor-in-chief Peter Collier; Goal to focus on the promotion of ideas; Base in San...
- Publisher and Editor. // Charities Management;2011, Issue 79, p1
The author announces that "Charities Management" appears six times a year, publishing articles that are in good faith without responsibility on the part of the publishers or authors for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from action.
- U.S. Houses, Sabre Donate $11.5M in Books Overseas. Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;2/22/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the donations received by nonprofit Sabre Foundation from commercial, independent and university publishers in the United States. Benefit of the donations for the company; Top donating commercial publishers included; Information on Sabre's book program.
- Major Consolidation of Digital Missionary Photo Archives. Miller, Jon // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Oct2007, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p190
The article reports on the grant awarded by Getty Foundation to the University of Southern California's (USC) Center for Religion and Civic Culture and the USC Libraries' Digital Archive in Los Angeles. The grant is being used to create a federation of two important repositories of historical...
- COLLECTIONS. // American Libraries;Sep2003, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p24
Presents updates on the libraries in the U.S. as of September 2003. Plan of the City University of New York and George Mason University to donate the September 11 Digital Archive to the Library of Congress; Acquisition of a number of volumes on the Mexican Revolution of 1910 to 1919 by the...