A preliminary survey of material relating to the history of the anarchist movement in Britain
- The International Anarchist Archives: A Report on Conditions and a Proposal for Action. Hoyt, Andrew // Theory in Action;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p30
Historians spend great amounts of time searching archives for a flake or fragment of the past that will illuminate a story or provide evidence of what someone thought or did. Because historians encounter the past through these collections, the archives themselves hold great sway over how...
- Editors' Introduction. Larabee, Ann; Versluis, Arthur // Journal for the Study of Radicalism;Mar2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on the topic of anarchism.
- INTRODUCTION: UNGOVERNABLE HEARTS. Shantz, Jeff // Studies in the Literary Imagination;Fall2012, Vol. 45 Issue 2, pv
An introduction is presented which discusses articles in the issue by authors including Jared McGeough, Shane McCorristine, and Stephen Fuller, focusing on their status as representative of anarchist literary criticism as of 2012.
- The HA on the move. Fritzgerald, Ian // History Today;Sep96, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the relocation of The Historical Association's (HA) archives to Nottingham University's Hallwark Library in England. Easy access for researchers; Forging of closer link between the HA and `History Today' in the form of joint travel, publishing and education ventures; Important records...
- Update on the Captured Documents in the Former Osoby Archive, Moscow. Browder, George C. // Central European History (Brill Academic Publishers);Sep93, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p335
Focuses on the corrections of the captured documents in the Center for the Preservation of Historical Documentary Collections in Moscow. Availability of the microfilm of the documents; Alterations of the holdings at the former Osoby Archive; Accessibility of the former Osoby Archive.
- Inventing a concept of documentation. Hinding, Andrea // Journal of American History;Jun93, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p168
Narrates the developments in the field of archival studies. Finding and saving of manuscripts; Establishment of institutions to preserve historical records; Reduction of bulky collections; Demands of the cultural revolution of the 1960s; Imbalance in collections of records on women, the working...
- Is that anarchy I see going on in the seminar room? McKay, George // New Statesman;8/30/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4299, p27
Focuses on the revival of anarchism. Study and teaching; Correlation with the rise in green action; Comparison with liberalism; Debates concerning anarchism.
- Kropotkin Sunday. Warden, C. // New Statesman & Society;5/24/91, Vol. 4 Issue 152, p34
Opinion. Asserts that anarchism, unlike Marxism, has not died thanks to the creativity of Kropotkin. Discusses a meeting organized by local anarchists in Bologna, Italy. Academic rediscovery of Kropotkin; Confirming his views; Relevance of Kropotkin's anarchism; More.
- Anarchy in Afghanistan. Khalilzad, Zalmay // Journal of International Affairs;Summer97, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p37
Analyzes the causes of persistent anarchy in Afghanistan. Assessment of the future prospects for stability in the country; Changes that affected traditional ethnic loyalties among the four main Afghan ethnic groups; Anarchy after the Soviet departure; Determinants of Afghan anarchy.