Theses and dissertations on international labour movements
- Theses and Dissertations. Adeeb, Yasmin; Bennet, John // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter99, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p290
The article presents a list of theses and dissertations on British and Irish labor history and on international labor history.
- Theses and dissertations on international labour movements. Gilbert, Victor F. // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Fall90, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p15
The article presents information on theses and dissertations on international labour movements. Some of the titles of these papers are: "Mythopoeic Dimensions of Marxism, With Special Reference to Antonio Gramsci," "Bukharin's Contribution to Marxist Political Theory," "Alienation, Class...
- Labor Organizations. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct82, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p145
This article presents an update on the research efforts in the U.S. on labor organizations as of October 1982. At Case Western Reserve University, a doctoral dissertation on "Union Decertification, Replacements, and Deauthorizations and the Supply of Union Services" is being written by Anna D....
- Theses and Dissertations. Adeeb, Yasmin; Bennett, John // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter98, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p302
Presents a list of theses and dissertations on the history of the labor movement around the world. 'Communism and counter-culture: the socialisms of William Morris and Ernst Belfort Bax,' by R.T. Aldous; 'Social unrest and popular protest in Sheffield: 1760-1815,' by S.J. Bailey; 'Liberal adult...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Early, Steve // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p38
Comments on the article `The Future of the Labor Left,' by Khalil Hassan, published in the July/August 2000 issue of the `Monthly Review.' Discussion on union activism; Criticisms on the labor movements; Issues related to union revitalization.
- The Rise of South African Trade Unions. Wood, Geoffrey; Harcourt, Mark // Labor Studies Journal;Spring98, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p74
Discusses the rise of trade unions in South Africa since 1980. Role played by legislative reforms in 1979 in facilitating union organization and collective bargaining; Negative effect of conventional causes of union decline on union density; Four phases of the evolution of the South African...
- The Terminal Decline of Australian Trade Union Membership. Cranston, Murray // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Dec2000, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p26
Details the factors which contributed to the demise of union membership in Australia. Statistics on union membership; Infusion of competition into the Australian economy; Change in employers' attitudes in their negotiations with unions.
- Seizing the moment. // Canadian Dimension;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p3
Editorial. Discusses the areas of concern of labor movements in Canada. Education and mobilization of rank and file; Alliance and cooperation among other labor unions; Belief on electoral politics as form of democratic expression.
- Show Mao the money? Greenfield, Gerald // Canadian Dimension;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on the active move of various trade union organizations in Asia to popularize trade unionism across the region. All-China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU)'s aim of creating a stable business economy worldwide; Conflicting dual interest of ACFTU; Plan of merging ACFTU with...