LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- Shorter notices. Read, Donald // English Historical Review;Feb97, Vol. 112 Issue 445, p237
Reviews the book `The Liberal Ascendancy, 1830-1886,' by T.A. Jenkins.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITORS. Newens, Stan; Fleit, Keith // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter90, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p18
This article presents letters to the editor referencing topics discussed in the previous issues. The opinion of Stan Newens, regarding the review of Keith Laybourn on Dudley White's book "The Liberal Ascendancy: Colchester 1880-1910," is highlighted in the first letter sent to the editors of...
- J.P.M. Millar: An appreciation. // Studies in the Education of Adults;Apr90, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p113
Focuses on the role of the late J.P.M. Millar, former General Secretary of the National Council of Labour Colleges (NCLC), played in adult education in Britain. Date of Millar's death; Educational achievements of Millar; Description of Millar's personality; What Millar achieved during his...
- Milestones in the history of organized labor. Gray, Robert T. // Nation's Business;Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p22
Presents the history of events that occurred in organized labor in the United States. Details on launch of umbrella organizations in 1866-1880; Information on rail workers strike against Pullman Company in 1894; More.
- Archive Deposits. Williams, Katherine // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter98, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p324
Presents manuscripts and archival materials relating to labor history in Great Britain. Correspondence and papers of trade unionist Thomas Vincent Flynn; Tony Lane's research papers relating to Pilkington Glass; Minutes and papers from the Post Office Engineering Union.
- Badgering the Union. Martin, Paul K. // History Today;Jan94, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p9
Reflects on the creation of a new `super union' in June 1993 in England. Discussion of how Unison was created by an amalgamation of the three main public sector union. Historical information the union movement in England; `The Life of a Docker's MP,' by James Sexton; More.
- The Rise and Fall of the Israeli Labour Movement: Part One. Shaal, Gil // Contemporary Review;Feb2000, Vol. 276 Issue 1609, p64
Discusses issues which are of relevance to the rise and fall of the Israeli Labour Movement (ILM). Origins of the ILM; Accomplishments of the movement; Activities embraced by labour-sponsored co-operatives.
- CORRECTION: "Who were the Conscriptionists?". // Labour History;May1970, Issue 18, p60
A correction to the article "Who were the Conscriptionists?" published in a previous edition of the journal is presented.
- Books: Review/commentary. Warner, Jessica // Contemporary Drug Problems;Spring93, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p157
Comments on the essay `The Tavern and Politics in the German Labor Movement, c. 1870-1914,' by James Roberts. Discussion on the political role of taverns during the Franco-Prussian War in 1871.