DTI reorganises export support but exhibition grants are still available
- THE FOREIGN TRADE ADMINISTRATION SYSTEM IN BULGARIA (AFTER THE 1979 REFORMS). Aleksandrow, Kamen; Wojciechowska, Ewa // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Winter81/82, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p78
Examines the Bulgarian system of foreign trade management following the introduction of reforms in 1979. Economic and financial system of Bulgaria's foreign trade currency; Price policy in calculations of exports and imports; Bases for calculating the effectiveness of foreign trade.
- Crisis states cut from DTI listing. // Professional Engineering;03/10/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p5
Highlights the British government's decision to stop supporting export promotions to South East Asia and Russia because of the area's continuing economic crisis and limited opportunities for British firms.
- Export promotion. // Credit Management;Jul99, p22
Reports on the proposal to establish British Trade International to handle Great Britain's trade promotion activities abroad. Duplication of functions among various government bodies.
- Effort begins to get state involved in foreign trade. Sipos, Eric // Fort Worth Business Press;12/17/99, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p7
Reports on efforts to get the state Texas more involved in international trade for the benefit of its communities. Allegations of the failure of the Department of Economic Development to promote the state's trade; Goal of developing better coordination and communications between existing...
- JE M'EXCUSE MAIS JE NE PARLE PAS VOTRE LANGUE... Rothenburg, Helmut // Accountancy;Sep89, Vol. 104 Issue 1153, p23
Comments on the basic lessons to be learned before Great Britain can be a successful exporting country. Quality of products and services; Competitive disadvantages in global markets concerning language; Impact of the removal of trade barriers.
- ANALYZING THE SHORT TERM LINK BETWEEN PUBLIC POLICY SUPPORT AND EXPORT PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: THE IMPORTANCE OF THE MEDIATING EFFECTS OF PRICE STRATEGY. Lages, Luis Filipe; Montgomery, David B. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2003, Vol. 14, p301
All the benefits provided by the exporting activity encourage public policy makers to implement export promotion programs with the objective of helping firms improve their strategies and ultimately enhance their performance in the international arena. Surprisingly, this support has often been...
- No point in going it alone, say Kiwis. Kohn, Bruce // Asian Business Review;Aug96, p24
Reports on New Zealand's establishment of international trade missions in an effort to make sales and agency contacts with foreign companies in overseas markets. Regional Chamber of Commerce's creation of special sections devoted to international trade development; Assessment of future of sales...
- HOW DO WE CONCEIVE AND CARRY OUT A STRATEGY OF PROMOTING EXPORTS? Georgescu, Ioan // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Winter75/76, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p73
Discusses the conceptualization and implementation of a promotional strategy for Romania's exports. Objectives of promotional activities; Macro- and micro-economic components of the existing export promotion system; Measures for improving the performance of foreign trade.
- Pushing for Peru. // BEEF;Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p54
The article reports that 50 agricultural organizations constituting American farmers, ranchers, processors, food producers, and exporters sent a letter to all members of the Congress in November 2007 urging passage of the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement. The agreement is said to provide...