...55,000 theft of furniture and trailer
- High wave robbery. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;3/19/2004, Issue 5380, p22
Delves into the issue of furniture imports and cargo theft in Asia. Strategies employed by pirates to conceal their illegal activities; Discovery of terrorists who are into this organized piracy scheme; Possibility that even an intelligence threat to these shipping lanes could move war...
- Stolen cargo seized. // Overdrive;Dec94, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p17
Reports that a hijacking in Vernon, California led to the recovery of one million dollars in merchandise from stolen truck trailers. Tracking of the stolen rig to a restaurant; Cargo Criminal Apprehension Team (CAT); Recovery of stolen merchandise since 1990 nearing $84 million.
- World trade is threatened by rising cargo crime. Cottrill, Ken // USA Today Magazine;Mar96, Vol. 124 Issue 2610, p28
Focuses on concern over the growing volume of cargo losses through theft. Effect on countless businesses and the American consumer; Prime targets; Potential profits for organized crime; Claims process; Efforts to crack down on cargo crime.
- Cargo thieves nabbed. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;8/8/94, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p30
Reports on the arrest of suspects in connection with the pilferage of warehouse merchandise around John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.
- Rising cargo crimes plague distributors. Rettig, Ellen // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/06/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p20A
Reports on the proposal to impose more stringent penalties for cargo theft offenses in the United States. Statement of a National Cargo Security Council spokesman; Example of the encounters of Laker Express Inc.; Tips from experts.
- Vanishing cargo. Kahaner, Larry // Fleet Owner;Jun97, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on cargo theft and its impact on the trucking industry in the United States. History of cargo theft; Reason carriers did not report cargo thefts; Belief that sophisticated gangs organize cargo thefts; Slow response of law enforcement to the problem.
- Cargo's dirty secret. Fabey, Michael; Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;04/13/98, Vol. 254 Issue 2, p11
Presents information as it relates to the number of cargo thefts being experienced in areas of the United States. Financial impact of cargo crimes on businesses; Reference to the limited amount of attention made to cargo crime; Ways in which thefts are being conducted; Major parts of the United...
- Highlighting cargo theft. Dills, Todd // Overdrive;May2010, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p96
The article reports on the theft of a locked trailer located at the Lake Marian Truck Stop at the I-77 in the U.S.
- Record high cargo theft. // Overdrive;Apr2011, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the increase in the incidence of cargo theft by four percent in the U.S. in 2010.