The Ohio Association of University Health Educators: History and development
- The risky business of being a teen. // Current Health 2;Sep89, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p4
Presents a self-appraisal quiz, the Teen Health Risk Appraisal, 1989, covering issues of safety, nutrition, daily health/habits, alcohol, tobacco and drugs. Scoring key given; Risk analysis key given.
- Just ask us. // Current Health 1;Dec91, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p30
Answers readers' health questions. Seizures and epilepsy; Number of bones in a baby's body; How sunlight causes skin cancer; Head lice; The Heimlich maneuver ; Saturated fat and cholesterol; The cause of chicken pox; Why people need to sleep.
- Steps to taking more effective control...health-wise and otherwise: A brief note. Parish, T.S. // Education;Spring92, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p373
Proposes a model which points out the steps that must be taken in order to take more effective control of our lives. Acquire awareness of the problems; Awareness of the possible solutions; Overcome the various problems.
- Pedagogical beliefs about elementary health education: An exploratory study of preservice teachers. Carter, J.A.; Lee, A.M. // Education;Spring92, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p375
Presents a study representing an initial exploration of preservice classroom teacher values and beliefs about health and health instruction. Use of the adapted Rokeach Value Survey; Methods; Results; Discussion; Implications.
- The health-diet link: Charting a rising awareness. Blumenthal, D. // FDA Consumer;Oct89, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p22
Reports on health and diet surveys recently conducted by the US Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition that measure effectiveness of public health promotion campaigns aimed at educating consumer's about possible links between diet and disease; Increase...
- A call for access. Fins, J.J. // Hastings Center Report;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p2
States that fee for service has taken on a new meaning in New York and New Jersey since the beginning of Doctors by Phone. Medical advice via a 900 number; Disclaimers; Medical Information Line, marketed by Strategic Systems, Inc. of Waltham, Mass.; Dangers; More.
- A touch of class. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/27/98, Vol. 15 Issue 30, Health Scene p12
Discusses five reasons for taking health education classes in hospitals. Characteristics of health education in hospitals; Services and expertise offered.
- Boston's Codman Square Community Partnership for Health Promotion. Schlaff, A.L. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr91, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p186
Describes a proposal for the Codman Square Community Partnership for Health Promotion program in Boston. Mission of Codman Square Health Center; Theoretical justification for proposal; Project objectives and methods; Significance of project; Summary of evaluation methods; Budget estimate.
- Designing an AIDS information campaign to reach intravenous drug users and sex partners. Perloff, R.M.; Pettey, G. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p460
Discusses the importance of health communication in the development of AIDS prevention programs. Examines a recent campaign directed at IV drug users and their sexual partners. Communicating basic facts about AIDS etiology and prevention; Provision of a step-by-step diagram on how to bleach...
- Paid advertising a powerful tool for state health agencies. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p595
Reveals that California, Michigan and Minnesota are the first State health agencies to use paid advertising to present health messages to the public. The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO); `Public Health Macroview'; Public service announcements (PSAs) and increased...