Abbreviated hare self-esteem scale: Internal consistency and factor analysis
- An Investigation of the Psychometric Properties of the Chinese Adolescent Self-Esteem Scales. Wu, Keung-Fai Joseph; Watkins, David // Journal of Psychology in Chinese Societies;2005, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p261
The paper reports an evaluation of the psychometric properties of the Chinese Adolescent Self-Esteem Scales (CASES). Analysis of the responses of 1,044 Hong Kong Chinese adolescents supported the internal consistency reliability, internal factorial validity, and convergent! discriminant validity...
- Prueba de Autoestima para Adolescentes. Niebla, Joaquín Caso; Hernández-Guzmán, Laura; González-Montesinos, Manuel // Universitas Psychologica;may-ago2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p535
The present study intended to explore construct validity of the Self-esteem Test for Adolescents and update psychometric properties found in previous studies. 1581 Mexican students (850 women and 731 men) of a public high school in Mexico City responded to the scale. The sample was split...
- The Effectiveness of Gender Role Re-Evaluation and Non-Gender-Focused Group Psychotherapy in the Treatment of Recently Separated Men. Nahon, Danielle; Lander, Nedra R. // International Journal of Men's Health;Summer2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p102
This article explores the viability of Gender Role Re-Evaluation (GRE) and Non Gender-Focused (NGF) group psychotherapy with recently separated men. Sixty-one participants were randomly distributed into three GRE or three NGF groups. Eleven psychometric measures were administered at...
- Quiz: How's your self-esteem? Robinson, Bryan E. // Total Health;Aug94, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p46
Presents questions on ways to determine an individual's self-esteem. Instruction; Interpretation of score; Development of self-esteem.
- An error in the use of translated scales: The Rosenberg self-esteem scale for Chinese. Cheng, Sheung-Tak; Hamid, P. Nicholas // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct95, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p431
Discusses the problem occurred in syntax during the translation of a scale into another language with reference to the Rosenberg Self-esteem Scale.
- To drop or not to drop an ambiguous item: A reply to Shek. Hamid, P. Nicholas; Cheng, Sheung-Tak // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec95 Part 1, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p988
Provides support on Shek's comment for the exclusion of an ambiguous item in the Rosenberg Self-esteem Scale for use with Chinese subjects. Lowering of the item total correlations for Chinese samples; Response characteristics of Chinese scoring high and low on self-esteem.
- Test your self-esteem. // Self;May94, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p202
Presents a series of tests designed to rate a person's self-esteem. Self-esteem as a state of mind and not a condition; Improvement of self-esteem through self-inventory technique; Development of self-esteem scale by psychology professor James S. Fleming; Instructions and scoring; General...
- Psychometric Properties of the B-WISE in Large Clinical and Non-Clinical Samples. Michel, Probst; Davy, Vancampfort; Julie, Raepsaet; Jan, Knapen; Johan, Simons; Marc, De Hert // International Journal of Educational & Psychological Assessment;Dec2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p57
The Body Weight, Image and Self-Esteem (B-WISE Â®) questionnaire is a short and easy to administer questionnaire for body weight, image and self-esteem evaluation developed for people with schizophrenia. The first aim of the present study is to assess this questionnaire in a non-clinical...
- Examination of the Psychometric Properties of the Spiritual Fitness Assessment. Kassab, Veronica; MacDonald, Douglas // Journal of Religion & Health;Dec2011, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p975
Using a sample of 196 undergraduate students, the present study investigated the psychometric properties of the Spiritual Fitness Assessment, a measure of spiritual fitness designed for use by health and fitness professionals. Examination of inter-item consistency produced satisfactory alpha...