Lack meets his Waterloo and lives to joke about it
- Willie Ailes. Klein, J. // New York;12/4/89, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p38
No abstract available.
- Bush's media wizard. Warner, M.G. // Newsweek;9/26/88, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p19
Profile of George Bush's debate trainer, Roger Ailes, a media wizard and political image maker who has also worked with Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan. Ailes is a master of attack and negative politics, and is credited with much of the recent change in Bush's looks and speaking.
- Ailes sets out to lead Fox into news business. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;7/1/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 27, p17
Profiles Roger Ailes, chairman of Fox News. Features of Fox News' recruitment of Rupert Murdoch; Career history of Ailes; Management style.
- With New York hurdle crossed, Fox hits stride. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;09/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p22
Claims that Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes made a mistake by getting Fox News Channel up and running so quickly. Comments from Ailes; Information on talks between Fox Broadcasting Company's chairman, David Hill and Ailes.
- What ails Roger. // U.S. News & World Report;11/21/88, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p21
Discusses Roger Ailes' documentation of what he regards as CBS News' anti-Bush bias. Ailes, media consultant for Vice President George Bush, believes that CBS anchorman Dan Rather began a personal vendetta against the Vice President after their confrontation on the `Evening News' last January.
- Memo provides a peek behind the Fox facade. // Electronic Media;11/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p7
Editorial. Analyzes the memorandum sent by chief of the cable television Fox news channel Roger Ailes to the U.S. President George W. Bush offering him words of wisdom on how to maintain support of the American people after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Career of Ailes as a...
- Radio waves: Roger over and out? Walls, Jeannette; Gelman, Jan // New York;8/3/92, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p12
Reports that Roger Ailes is tuning out. Former political consultant to President George Bush; Denies talk that he is looking to ditch Florida radio station WPSL; His comments about `New York' magazine; No comment about price; Details.
- Roger Ailes: `I have to take the heat.' Fineman, H.; McKillop, P. // Newsweek;11/6/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 19, p34
Talks about the sometimes troubling notoriety of political consultant Roger Ailes, and how Ohio Democrats distributed leaflets attacking him outside a meeting he addressed. Candidates Ailes has helped; Critics; Ailes' reactions.
- Roger redux. Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;8/24/92, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p21
Reports that insiders predict that Roger Ailes, the hard-hitting media strategist for President George Bush's 1988 campaign, will soon rejoin the team in a major but informal capacity. Secretary of State Jim Baker admires Ailes's political instincts; Why Ailes's has felt shut out of high-level...