The Cairo Forces Parliament
- Remember when? // Publishers Weekly;3/24/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p21
Presents a remembrance from the July 11, 1942 issue of `Publishers Weekly' about the bestselling books at Army camps in 1942. `The Pocket Dictionary and Vocabulary Builder' as the most popular book.
- Yankees on the Steppes. Stevens, Edmund // Saturday Evening Post;8/5/1944, Vol. 217 Issue 6, p22
Looks at the establishment of U.S. bomber bases in the Soviet Union after the World War II. Contribution of U.S. Chief of Staff Brigadier General Alfred Kessler and Major General Alexei Perminov, commander of all Russian personnel at the base, to the establishment of the bomber bases; Training...
- California During World War II. // California Chronicles;Mar1999, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p32
Presents a map of California reflecting the locations of key military bases active during World War II.
- TATUM TALES. Watt, Jerry Dee // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);5/10/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p5
The author shares the experiences of his uncle as a soldier during World War II.
- Reading Letters Not Addressed to Me: An Examination of the Personal Correspondence of New England Soldiers. Palange, David // Inquiry (University of New Hampshire);Spring2007, p54
The article discusses the author's experience of reading the personal correspondences of soldiers in the American Revolution, the Civil War, and the World War II.
- Brothers in arms. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);11/10/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 45, p1A
A photograph of Bob Anderson and Eugene Gaddis, soldiers during the World War II, holding the painting "Bombs over Balikipan" is presented.
- 'Step in My Footprints' Our Last Hurdle in the Battle of the Bulge. Lombardo, Samuel // Army Magazine;Dec2014, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p57
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a rifle platoon leader joining in the Battle of the Bulge and in the World War II.
- Embracing adventure. Goldthorpe, Sarah // Soldiers;May2015, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p3
An introduction to the periodical "Soldiers" is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue including Gurkha Servicemen, anniversary of Victory in Europe Day and second world war.
- 'The Most Famous Canadian Photograph of World War II' . // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Presents a photograph of an encounter between Canadian and German soldiers in Normandy, France during World war II.