Labour history in museums
- CALENDAR. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/16/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p51
The article presents information on several events and conferences that are scheduled to take place from May 16 to 29, 2005 in New Orleans, Louisiana. National Association of Women in Construction, New Orleans chapter May 2005 meeting on "Space Planning: From Design to Completion," will be held...
- SHORT NOTICES. Hey, David; Wells, Roger; Whipp, Richard; Pollard, Sidney; Burke, Cathy; Katz, Henry; Halstead, John; Pollins, Harold; Keating, Michael; Halstead, John L.; Hampton, William; Field, John; Bennett, John; Boyle, John; Croucher, Richard; Renshaw, Patrick; Westergaard, John; Fowkes, Ben // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn82, Issue 45, p46
Presents notices and announcements for the Society for the Study of Labour History in Great Britain. Theme of the May Conference 1983; Schedule of the conference which focuses on the theme, The Working-Class Family; Theme and arrangements for the academic organization of the Anglo-Dutch Conference.
- Maritime Museums' Survey of Heritage Vessels. Jones, Kevin // Museums Australia Magazine;Winter2012, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p15
Information about the several presentations from Newcastle Maritime Centre, Queenscliffe Museum and Lady Denman Museum discussed at the Australian Maritime Museum Council's 2012 Conference held in February, 2012 in Sydney, New South Wales on the extensive achievements of small organizations is...
- The A. F. of L. Convention. // New Republic;6/8/18, Vol. 15 Issue 188, p164
Highlights the thirty-eight annual convention of the American Federation of Labor in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Attendees of the event; Theme of the congress; Attitude of the organization with regards to politics.
- The Public at the Conference. // New Republic;11/12/19, Vol. 20 Issue 258, p321
Focuses on the Industrial Conference in the hope of gathering lay in the Public group and in the Administration as representative of the Public in the U.S. Dogmas of the Public group; Convening of the conference on the basis of the labor provisions of the Treaty of Peace and to make acceptance...
- INO's next move bangs in balance as Labour Court examination of pay claims continues. Moore, Alison // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Oct2006, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that a special delegate conference held in Croke Park in September 2006 unanimously endorsed the plan for the Irish Nurses Organisation to assert its independence from the Irish Congress of the Trade Unions in Ireland. This is due to the fact that the organization felt that...
- Texas News. Poe, Joy // Women Artists News;Winter85, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
The article offers two news briefs related to arts in Texas. The Women's Caucus for Art Chapters has organized an exhibition which offers an opportunity for its members to see each other's works and to show their first public exposition. An Art Museum Association of America Conference was held...
- 'Learning for tomorrow' at the PIALA conference. Falcam, Iris // inCite;Dec2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p17
This article highlights the 15th Annual Conference of the Pacific Islands Association of Libraries, Archives and Museums held on November 7-10, 2005 in Kosrae, Micronesia. Its theme is, Learning Resources Today; Learning for Tomorrow. Keynote speakers at the event include College of Micronesia...
- CHF's Roy Eddleman Research Museum at EAS. Daemmrich, Arthur; Brock, David // Chemical Heritage;Fall2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p35
Provides information on a session at the 41st annual Eastern Analytical Symposium in 2003 which focused on the Roy Eddleman Research Museum. Individuals honored who played a role in the creation of the museum; Topics and issues discussed by the speakers; Status and developments at the museum.