Business history and labour history
- LOS DESPIDOS COLECTIVOS: UN ESTUDIO DE LAS CAUSAS ECONÃ“MICAS. ESTEBAN MIGUEL, ALFONSO // Revista JurÃdica de la Universidad AutonÃ³ma de Madrid;2012, Issue 26, p55
The legal framework for collective dismissal for economic reasons has been modified in the last two labour reforms. It has attempted to provide a greater certainty to employers in order to use this legal template to fi t their staff in a situation of business crisis. In this paper it is studied...
- A Facelift for Business. Tuggle, Francis D. // Orange County Business Journal;10/25/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p87
Comments on the concerns over prospective of students in businesses in California. Rise of business organizations as an institutional presence in society; Issue surrounding workforce in businesses; Facet of business enterprises.
- Modest job gains seen for Westchester. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/9/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p6
Reports the job hiring survey of Westchester County in New York by Manpower Inc., for the October-December period. Expansion of workforces for business respondents; Employment in the construction areas.
- College graduates face uncertain job market. Cullen, Erin // New Hampshire Business Review;5/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1A
Assesses the status of the labor market in New Hampshire. Impact of economic downturn on the business performance of various firms; Factors influencing the increase of the unemployment rate; Availability of job vacancies for the fresh graduates.
- Incentives could bring 1,380 new jobs to Utah. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/26/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the approval of financial incentives for three companies by the Utah State Board of Business and Economic Development. Use of the funds by the firms; Condition of the loans; History of the Industrial Assistance Fund.
- Indiana Business Development Programs: Financing and incentive programs provided through the Indiana Department of Commerce's Business Development Division. // Global Finance;Dec2004, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p27
This article presents information on several financing and incentive programs provided through the Indiana Department of Commerce's Business Development Division. The Department of Commerce offers possible assistance from its Skills Enhancement Fund program. This flexible training program will...
- Hindsight. // Risk Management (00355593);Jun2014, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p38
The article offers risk-related news briefs as of June 2014. Topics reported include several figures that indicate whether risk function is creating value, the increase in federal spending for terrorism with losses from 14 billion to 26 billion dollars if the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA)...
- Is Mexican Labor Cheap? // Saturday Evening Post;7/21/1934, Vol. 207 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the employment condition and the cost of labor costs in Mexico. Total population of the state employed in various industries; Types of industries operating in the state; Efforts of the Mexican politicians for inducing jobless Mexicans to work in large business enterprises.
- 'Family-friendly' Companies--What's All the Fuss? Bradley, Elizabeth // Women in Business;May/Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on family-friendly companies. Findings of the National Study of the Changing Workforce.