Comparative labour history
- Socialism in 1922? // America;11/25/1916, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p159
The article provides information on socialism in the U.S. in 1992. It states that socialism would continue to increase at the rate of growth it has manifested for the past twenty-four years. Socialism entered the presidential field in 1888 under the name of the Socialist Labor Party. In...
- Labour and Politics. Dyrenfurth, Nick // Labour History;May2011, Issue 100, p105
Labour-in-politics was once the most privileged genre of Australian labour history. Studies of the Australian Labor Party, together with biographies of the party's leading lights, dominated much of the Old Left-influenced scholarship until the late 1960s. From the 1970s onwards, however, the...
- 103-year-old Socialist paper suspends publication. // Editor & Publisher;6/25/94, Vol. 127 Issue 26, p44
Reports on the suspension of the `People' newspaper's publication by the Socialist Labor Party. Reasons behind the temporary suspension; Site for the new headquarters of the party; Historical background of the existence of the newspaper.
- The Nature of Soviet Society/After the Revolution Who Rules?/Socialism today. Harrison, Royden // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring79, Issue 38, p69
The article discusses three pamphlets that are of interest to labor historians. The first pamphlet is "The Nature of Soviet Society"; the second one is "After the Revolution Who Rules?'; and the last is "'Socialism Today--A Reply to Time Magazine." These pamphlet give evidence of the persistence...
- Minority ALP gov't presents opening. Benedek, Paul // Green Left Weekly;9/15/2010, Issue 852, p7
The article reports on the efforts of the Socialist Alliance national council for the formation of the Minority Australian Labor Party (ALP) in Australia.
- Political Conditions. // Mauritius Country Review;2011, p8
The article offers information on the political conditions of Mauritius which include the ruling of the Mauritius Labour Party (MLP) from 1968 to June 1982, the collapse of the alliance between Mauritian Militant Movement and the Mauritian Socialist Party (MMM/PSM) in 1983, and the redevelopment...
- Reds under the bed, rats in the sewer. Windisch, Margarita // Green Left Weekly;7/8/2009, Issue 801, p7
In this article the author discusses the political aspects of the Australian Labor Party (ALP) and its attack on the Socialist Alliance.
- British Labor and the Colonies. Hinden, Rita // New Republic;11/18/46, Vol. 115 Issue 20, p653
Discusses issues related to the colonial policy of the Labor government in Great Britain. Negative aspects of imperialism, according to the "liquidationist" view; Features of British socialist approach to empire; Emphasis given to practical programs of reform by the socialists; Dilemma faced by...
- AROUND THE WORLD. // Time;2/6/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses the ebbing popularity of socialism around the world in 1950, which became popular in the immediate postwar years led by the triumphant Labor Party of Great Britain. It says that the socialist Labor Party in New Zealand lost to the free-enterprising National Party last...