Theses and dissertations on British labour history 1989
- THESES AND DISSERTATIONS. Smith, Geoff // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Fall94, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p3
Lists theses and dissertations on British and Irish labor history, which have appeared in other journals. "Christian Brother, Union Brother: A Study of W. T. Miller 1880-1963," by P. B. H. Ackers; "The Effect of the Coming of the Railways on the Towns and Villages of E. Kent 1841-1914," by F....
- Theses and Dissertations. Adeeb, Yasmin; Bennett, John // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter2001, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p313
This section presents information on theses and academic dissertations about labor history, including Unionism and Nationalism and the Irish Language, 1893-1933, by L. S. Andrews.
- Asturias. // Cuadernos de PedagogÃa;may2013, Issue 434, p78
No abstract available.
- THESIS AND DISSERTATIONS. Gilbert, Victor F. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn88, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p3
Presents a lists of theses and dissertations on British labor history published in 1987. "The Working Class and Education in Lancashire: 1800-60: A Study in Social Relations," by A. Andrews; "Trade Union Mergers in Britain, 1950-82," by B. Aston; "Marx's Views on India: A Sociological Appraisal...
- Alltagsgeschicte: A New Social History "From Below"? Crew, David F. // Central European History (Brill Academic Publishers);Sep/Dec89, Vol. 22 Issue 3/4, p394
Focuses on the social history of the concept of Alltagsgechichte. Role of historians in examining working class cultures; Reconstruction of the values and attitudes of ordinary people; Analysis on the tension between scientific knowledge and everyday experience.
- G. Stanley Hall: Pioneer in Scientific Social Exploration. // Journal of Social Forces;Nov1924, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p139
This article focuses on the scientific social exploration. The study of specific types of leadership, aptly selected for specific illustration and fairly portrayed within these bounds, will constitute a reasonable, effective and concrete effort in continuation of this thesis. This does not mean...
- The World Economic Crisis: Labor's Response. LA BOTZ, DAN; WEINER, LOIS // New Politics;Summer2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p7
The article introduces the issue, which presents articles on the international state of the working class and labor unions.
- The Background to the Revival of Socialism in England. Saville, John // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn65, Issue 11, p13
Provides an overview of the revival of socialism in England in the 1880s. Explanations for the failure to build an independent movement; Quality of working class radicalism in the 1870s and its evolution into socialism; Strengthening and reshaping of the tradition of agrarian radicalism in the...
- EDITORIAL. // Labour History;May1981, Issue 40, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including labour history, the ideological and neoantiquarian character of social history, and British working class perceptions of Australia.