My Political Memoirs of Barbados
- Jesse Jackson And The Rainbow Coalition: Working Class Movement Or Reform Politics? Tukufu, Danyl S. // Humanity & Society;May90, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p158
The article studies the presidential campaign of Jesse Jackson with focus on working class movement and reform politics in the U.S. in 1980's. The presidential campaigns of Jackson and the formation of his independent National Rainbow Coalition (NRC) have been hailed by some progressives and...
- Fanning the Flames. Wallace, Len // Canadian Dimension;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p19
This article presents the author's account of his political participation in Canada. Politics, music and cabbage were the staples of the author's growing years in an industrial working-class family. His folks came to Windsor in 1943. Windsor promised jobs in the auto factories, working on the...
- REVIEW ESSAY: THE MAKING AND REMAKING OF THE RUSSIAN WORKING CLASS, 1890-1917. Richards, Michael; Share, Michael B. // Journal of Social History;Summer88, Vol. 21 Issue 4
Focuses on the development of class consciousness among the working class in Russia. Background of the political activity of the workers; Contribution of the workers to the development of a sense of consciousness; Impact of revolutionary consciousness on the history of the country.
- Run of the Mill. // India Today;5/2/2011, p23
The article explores the life of the working class in the city of Kanpur, India. According to the author, mill workers influenced the social, political and culture life in Kanpur. In the 1960s, the privately owned mills started to close, leading to the birth of a new city. The author points that...
- Unordinary Case A KGB frame-up. // Time;3/13/1978, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p50
The article reports on the imprisonment of Anatoli Shcharansky, the Soviet computer expert and Jewish activist who has become the leading target of Moscow's campaign against dissidents, without means or right to communicate in Lefortovo prison in Moscow, Soviet Union. It mentions that if...
- Fighting for the soul of the democratic party. Dittmer, John // Yes!;Fall2003, Issue 27, p26
Traces the history of the establishment of the Freedom Democratic Party in Mississippi. Events of 1964 that led to the establishment of the organization; Risks faced by Afro-American voters and civil rights activists during the 1960s; Influence of the resurgence of the Ku Klux Klan on the...
- Was it good for you? Ehrenreich, Barbara // Progressive;Jan99, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p50
Explores what activists of the twentieth century have accomplished. What motivated people into activism; Assessment of political activities during the 1960s; Lessons taught by capitalist cultures.
- Wanted Men--by Israel for Elimination, by Palestine for National Survival. Jabr, Samah // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p11
The article focuses on the condition of Palestinian and Israeli political activists and fighters. Living with virtually no food, in crippling cold with little clothing, these people are constantly in the shadow of death. Many of their friends and comrades have been assassinated and many live in...
- No violations found in Dearborn County. Hoskins, Michael W. // Indiana Lawyer;8/4/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p4A
The article reports that the U.S. Office of Special Counsel's denies the accusation of attorney G. Michael Witte that the two Dearborn County officials violate the federal law restricting political activity for those involved with federally funded programs in Indiana.