One in a Million
- My first wakeup call!! Bennett, Don A. // Flying Safety;Feb95, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p16
Presents a narrative regarding the author's experience as a United States Air Force towing supervisor. Accident during towing; Measures taken to stop runaway jet; Lessons learned from experience. INSET: Mistakes in maturity..
- Funny You Should Ask... McKenna, Pat // Airman;Apr99, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p30
Profiles Staff Sergeant Donna Burgess, noncommissioned officer in charge of the United States Air Force Public Affairs Resource Library. Description of her job; How she answers questions on the Internet; Number of letters she received.
- Air Force seeks physician assistants. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p16
Reports that officials at the US Air Force Personnel Center are accepting applications for the September 1999, and January and April 2000 classes, open to all noncommissioned officers interested in becoming physician assistants.
- French Connection. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p40
Reports on the U.S. Air Force mission performed by U.S. senior noncommissioned officers Shelby Strunk and Joseph Ryan at the Orly Air Traffic Control Center in Paris, France. Functions performed at the control center; Difference of their job with the duties of a normal flight controller;...
- Sergeants trade stripes for bars. Byron, David // Airman;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p42
Cites the landmark accomplishment of Chief Master Sgt. Gregory Lowdermilk and Senior Master Raymond Bradshaw of the 920th Rescue Group for earning gold bars and becoming first combat rescue officers of the Air Force Reserve Command. Background information on the careers of Lowdermilk and...
- Vanguard award. // Airman;Jul98, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p22
Reports on Master Sergeant Marion A. Helmick's winning of the Non-Commissioned Officer Association's 1998 Vanguard Award for the US Air Force.
- Senior enlisted advisors receive new title, insignia. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb99, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the restructuring of the United States Air Force's noncommissioned officer positions. Changes in job titles; Rank insignias.
- AETC seeks NCOs for retraining into aircrew specialties. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the release of the fiscal 1999 non-commissioned office retraining program by the Air Education and Training Command. Re-training quotas available in the following Air Force Specialty Codes; Qualifications for duty as a flight engineer; Contact information for NCOs interested in...
- Air Force used threats, promises, then broke its word, Sgt. X says. Jackson, Ed // Advocate;5/13/70, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
Reports that former U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant Richard G. Burchill has been threatened with criminal prosecution to reveal names of alleged homosexuals in military service to Air Force investigations. Number of military personnel and civilians identified for being homosexuals; Behavior of...