On the Brink of Doom
- Psychotherapy of the Cold War in the Caribbean: The Cuban Missile Deluge. Khan, Abdul Zahoor // Canadian Social Science;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p182
The Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962 was a foremost cold war squabble linking the USA and the USSR principal Nikita Khrushchev strong-willed to mount ballistic missiles in Cuba even if they had geared up a pledge to the U.S. that they would not. The paper gives the reader an inspiration regarding...
- All You Would like to know on the Cuban Crisis. // Philosophy & Social Action;Apr-Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p78
Interviews Cyril Buffet, Doctor of History about the Cuban crisis. Information on the way the Cuban crisis was a real turning point in the Cold War; Contribution of an exhibition devoted to the crises; Implications of the commemoration of the 1962 crisis for Cuba in 2002. INSET: September 11...
- Cuba y la crisis de los mÃsiles. MORALES DOMÍNGUEZ, ESTEBAN // World Tensions / TensÃµes Mundiais;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p279
The article discusses the so-called Missiles crisis or October crisis, which happened fifty years ago. Its author reflects on the negotiations between the United States and the Soviet Union, during the Cold War, revealing how Cuba's protagonist role was damaged by the great powers.
- Cuban Missile Crisis and Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962: A Political Perspective after 40 Years. Fernandez, Susan J. // Journal of American History;Sep2011, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p613
The article reviews the web sites "Cuban Missile Crisis," located at http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/declass/cuban_missile_crisis/, from the U.S. National Security Agency of the Department of Homeland Security, and "Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962: A Political Perspective After 40 Years," located at...
- Stopover Before the Storm. Welch, Jack // Louisville Magazine;Oct2013, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p62
The article reports on former U.S. President John F. Kennedy's October 13, 1962, visit to Louisville, Kentucky, the year before a campaign-trail event that took place on the eve of the Cuban Missile Crisis. It is said that as Kennedy stepped in Louisville, more than a tinge of pessimism was...
- How close to the brink? Manning, Robert // Newsweek;10/20/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 16, p18
Opinion. Suggests that the widely-held apocalyptic view of the dangers of the Cuban Missile Crisis is an exaggerated one. Review of the facts of the case; Comparison of the missile arsenals of the United States and the Soviet Union; How the mythology has been perpetuated.
- THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS. Brown, Bryan // Junior Scholastic;10/1/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 3, p12
The article offers a brief history of the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962.
- CUBA: A Close Call. // Junior Scholastic;10/1/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the shipment of Soviet nuclear missiles in Cuba in 1962.
- Cold War Timeline for 1960—1980. // Monkeyshines on America;Mar2002 U.S. Events 1960-1980, p17
Outlines the Cold War events from the year 1960 to 1980. Year of the construction of the Berlin Wall in Germany; Photography of Cuban missile sites by a U.S. spy plane; Unification of North and South Vietnam as a communist country.