- Air force announces newest major selectees. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the results of the 1998 Central Line and Biomedical Sciences Corps Major's Board. Number of captains selected for promotion; Breakdown of promoted captains.
- Generic enlisted career progression model. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec99, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p3
Presents the promotion scheme for enlisted members of the United States Air Force as of December 1999. Includes Airman Basic; Senior Airman; Staff Sergeant; Technical Sergeant; Duties and responsibilities.
- New assignments are... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/25/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the promotions of some of the United States Air Force's generals in the summer of 1996. Includes Lieutenant General Richard B. Myers; Lieutenant General Ralph E. Eberhart; Lieutenant General John P., Jumper.
- Fan of the Year. Swan, Patrick // Soldiers;Oct2003, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p48
Profiles Roger Farina, a veteran U.S. soldier of the two wars in Iraq. Career of Farina as a pilot of CH-47 Chinook helicopter during the Operation Iraqi Freedom war; Farina's sports interest on the country's ice hockey games; Grant of the fan of the year award to Farina by the U.S. National...
- First Person Singular. Owen, James // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p74
Relates a retired U.S. Air Force serviceman's experience while assigned at Shemya Air Force Station in Alaska. Use of the station as a refueling stopover for military aircraft; Electronic warfare training; RB-47 plane accident.
- Mac Town. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p44
Features the McMurdo Station in Antarctica, where some airmen are deployed to provide airlift for scientific research for the U.S. Antarctic Program. Description and background of the place; Statement of Chief Master sergeant Tammy King regarding the place; Population, climate, and recreation in...
- Hurlburt Field wellness center challenges people to climb 'Mt. Everest'. Illich Jr., Donald E. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p15
Features the Florida-based Hurlburt Field health and fitness center's Mount Everest challenge treadwall. Vertical distance; Staff Sergeant Steve Whitehead as program coordinator; Benefits of the program.
- DEAD END. Gershanoff, Hal // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p10
Discusses issues related to the United States Air Force's electronics warfare (EW) programs. Prerequisites for promotion in the armed forces; Manpower shortfalls in EW programs; Career-path outlook for uniformed EW professionals.
- TOWARD A SUPERIOR PROMOTION SYSTEM. Hopper, John // Air & Space Power Journal;Sept/Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p146
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Toward a Superior Promotion System" by Major Kyle Byard, Ben Malisow and Colonel Martin France in the July-August 2012 issue.