On the Barren Path
- The Guard kicks in. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/05/99, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p5A
Reports on the National Guard's involvement in the development of the Southwind Village affordable housing project in Long Island, New York State's Bay Shore area as part of its Guard H.E.L.P. program. Developers of the housing project; Financing of the project.
- Woman named commander of `combat' battalion. Lewter, Lani Russell // New York Amsterdam News;03/29/97, Vol. 88 Issue 13, p9
Focuses on the assignment of Lieutenant Colonel Deborah A. Roman to take command of the `Forward Support Battalion' of the New York State Army National Guard. Background information on Roman; Reference to her career; Significance of this assignment.
- The 51st Regiment, N.G., S.N.Y. Receives New Flags, 1878. Gero, Anthony F. // Military Collector & Historian;Winter2015, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p358
The article focuses on the May 26, 1878 issue of the newspaper "Syracuse (New York) Sunday Times" which featured the flags of the 51st Regiment of the New York State's National Guard.
- The inspector general. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/5/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p23
Reports that the inspector general of New York State has completed a review of controversy involving the training of female fighter pilot Major Jacquelyn S. Parker in F-16s at the New York Air National Guard's 174th Fighter Wing during 1994-95. History of the controversy; Areas of fault...
- New York National Guard Responds to Historic Snowfall. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;11/20/2014, p7
The article reports on how the New York National Guard troops responded to the call of New York Governor Andrew Coumo called members to assist the city of Buffalo and Erie County in the snowfall emergency. Coumo says that they deploy the National Guard to enhance efforts to keep western New York...
- New York State National Guard. Neville, David M. // Military Images;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article reviews the book "New York State National Guard," by Anthony Gero and Roger Sturcke.
- Guard trains in Arctic for southern mission. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/1/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 18, p50
Looks at the New York National Guard's use of ski-equipped LC-130 aircraft to transport scientists to high-latitude research sites in Greenland and Antarctica. Year-round mission of the Guard's 109th Airlift Wing to carry United States National Science Foundation researchers into the polar...
- 1885 NYNG General and Staff Officers Dress Helmet Top Device. Kasal, Mark // Military Collector & Historian;Spring2009, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p2
The article describes an ornamental dress helmet device shaped like an eagle and a base plate used during 1881 to 1904 reportedly by officers of the New York National Guard (NYNG). Topics discussed include the methods of attaching the plate to the helmet, NYNG regulations regarding dress helmet...
- `Aviation English' seen as safety boost. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/2/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 10, p142
Discusses `aviation English' training being provided for pilots by Airline Training International. The need for such training in light of language-related accidents; Regulations and airline cost pressures, which frustrate more widespread implementation of English-language proficiency; The main...