The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Supreme court ruling on age discrimination. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Sep96, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p17
Presents labor laws and legislation. Ruling that a terminated employee can sue under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act even if their replacement is also 40 or older; Infertility as disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act; Admission of electronic mail messages as evidence of...
- Rulings in age cases call for caution. Zachary, Mary-Kathryn // Supervision;Dec97, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p19
Focuses on a labor law in the United States that prohibits age-based discrimination against individuals in a protected class. Background on several age discrimination cases; Family work conflicts that may be regulated by employer; Employee's protected age category in the act.
- Age Bias Prohibited. Levine, Richard J. // Management Review;Aug68, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p14
Examines the Age Discrimination Act of 1967, the legislation that addresses the issue of age discrimination in employment in the United States. Provisions of the law; Cases of age discrimination in employment in the country.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act: a review of recent changes. Stone, Julia E. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar80, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p32
Details the provisions of the United States Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967. Guidelines concerning mandatory retirement age under the act; Exceptions to the application of the act's prohibitions; Major areas of concern related to the issue of the elimination of the mandatory...
- The Mailbag. Ritter, David B. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Aug2012, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to labor laws and legislation in the U.S. which include Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), reasonable factors other than age (RFOA) and ADEA lawsuits.
- Knowing the law can be helpful when facing possible age discrimination. O'Donnell, Jeanine "J. T."; Dauten, Dale // South County Journal;2/8/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 6, pD10
The article provides an answer to a question whether there are any laws in the U.S. that protect an employee from being fired before retirement.
- 11 employment laws (almost) every employer must follow. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;May2014, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p4
The article presents information on several employment laws for the employers in the U.S. including the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Equal Pay Act (EPA).
- The management of age in the workforce. Jackson, Diane P. // Management Review;Dec78, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p50
Discusses amendments to the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 in the U.S. Impact on the personnel functions of companies; Legal remedies against age discrimination in employment; Policy implications on personnel management.
- Recent Employment Arbitration Happenings in the Spotlight. Doran, John A.; Halko, Lisa L.; Lawless, Laura // Venulex Legal Summaries;2006 Q1, p1
The article discusses several employment arbitration cases across the U.S. The decision of the lower court was affirmed in Jackson versus Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. compelling arbitration of plaintiff's claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. The Ninth Circuit upheld the refusal...