- Scientific management: 100 years old; poised for the next century. Freeman, Michael // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p35
Discusses the continuing use of the business principles of Frederick W. Taylor as discussed in his 1911 book `Principles of Scientific Management.' Modification and shaping of Taylor's principles to reflect the business environment of the 1990s; Description of Taylor's scientific management...
- Frederick Winslow Taylor: the Father Of Scientific Management and His Philosophy Revisited. Butler, G.R. // Industrial Management;May/Jun91, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on the philosophy of Frederick Winslow Taylor, expert on scientific management. Methods for employee management; Enumeration of the management principles of Taylor; Reception of Taylor's ideas.
- Frederick Winslow Taylor: A much-maligned management pioneer. Chambers, Peter // Management Review;Feb73, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p62
Features Frederick Winslow Taylor, the man known as the father of scientific management. Elements of Taylor's scientific management; Attack of his systems by trade unionists and politicians; Spread of his management system throughout the industrialized world.
- Ideas that changed the century. Kennedy, Carol // Director;Dec1999, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p92
Deals with ideas which changed the 20th century. Concept of scientific management according to Frederick Winslow Taylor; Modern leaders; Business classics.
- FREDERICK WINSLOW TAYLOR. Clark, James J. // PA Times;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p8
Assesses the legacy of Frederick Taylor, the acknowledged father of scientific management in the United States. Focus of Taylor's study on the effective use of motion and time and the productivity gained by the use of the right shovel; Measurement of performance; Initial reaction of workers to...
- 'Is there a better way?'. Hagen, Robert P. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring88, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p45
Reprints an article which paid tribute to Frederick Taylor, a business philosopher and pioneer of scientific management principles.
- Taylorism Revisited And Revisited For the 1990s. Halpern, David; Osofsky, Stephen; Peskin, Myron I. // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb89, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p20
Analyzes probable reasons for the criticism of Frederick Winslow Taylor's theory of scientific management which was designed to alter the system of compensation for labors in the U.S. Highlights of Taylor's theory; Factors responsible for difficulties in U.S. industrial practices; Shortcomings...
- REVISITING THE ORIGINAL MANAGEMENT PRIMER: DEFENDING A GREAT PRODUCTIVITY INNOVATOR. Robinson, Thomas L. // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on contributions of Frederick Winslow Taylor to the advancement of scientific management. Reference to the book 'The Principles of Scientific Management' by Taylor; Criticisms against the management concepts of Taylor; Outline of the four components of management according to Taylor.
- The man who remade industry. Draper, Roger // New Leader;05/19/97, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p3
Presents the essay `The Man Who Remade Industry.'