- Lean firms cannot afford to be mean. Summerfield, Jenny // People Management;1/25/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the ownership of outplacement and its effects, both on those who are dismissed from employment and on the retained employees. Definition of survivor syndrome; Examples of outplacement services of different companies; Recommendations to employers.
- Geeks. Meyer, G.J. // Across the Board;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p14
Takes a sarcastic look at the outplacement guy and his function in American business. Use of the term outplacement geek for the human resource outplacement guy; Discussion of the manner in which such guys inform employees that they are being taken out of their jobs.
- Outplacement business continues to be brisk. // Management Today;Dec1998, p12
Reports on the progress of outplacement business in Great Britain. Increase in the demand for outplacement services; Reaction outplacement business executives Frances Cook and Drake Beam Morin about the nature outplacement.
- Outplacement Training: Process, Content and Attitudes. Harrick, Edward J.; Hansel, Max; Schutzius, Robert E. // Training & Development Journal;Feb82, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p78
Features the outplacement training program implemented in an industrial plant. Program contents which included mid-career change, inventory of skills, job search activities and individual counseling; Introduction of the career anchors concept.
- Time for a change. Hirschman, Carolyn // HR Magazine;Aug1998, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p80
Describes how outplacement firms are adapting to fit a changing work environment. Impact of downsizing and consolidation on outplacement services; Fluctuation of the need for traditional outplacement services; Changes in the types of services that fall under outplacement's umbrella; Use of...
- Try inplacement as your first alternative. Paul, Kevin W. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/6/93, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p18
Evaluates outplacement and inplacement in companies. Strategies that ensure outplacement as a last resort; Judicious recruitment; Outsourcing; Pathing alternatives; Confidential counseling; Benefits of instituting inplacement programs.
- A Managerial Guide to Outplacement Services. Fulmer, William E.; Fryman, Caroline // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer85, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p10
Provides a brief summary of the articles dealing with outplacement services. Definition of outplacement; Evaluation of outplacement services; Functions of outplacement services; Advantages and disadvantages.
- Outplacement is hotter than ever. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;3/29/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p31
Relates the trend toward outplacement employment. Human resources consulting practice that helps an employer use the best strategies for downsizing business; Use of outplacement when a company plans to shut down its operations.
- Out of a job, in with a service. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;10/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p87
Discusses the reasons for the booming of outplacement industry in Great Britain. Importance of outplacement services to employee package; Benefits of organizations that use the service.