The Disabled at Work
- Entries Open for Handicapped Awards. // Training & Development Journal;Oct68, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p49
Reports on the President's Committee on Employment of the Handicapped's acceptance of entries for its `1968 Employer of the Year' awards. Donation of plaques by the National Association of Manufacturers; Publicity campaign for the presentations ceremony; Nominations for the `Handicapped...
- Strength in Numbers: Creating Employment Consortia to Assist People Who Are Blind and Visually Impaired to Secure Jobs. Candela, Anthony R.; Wolffe, Karen E. // Re:View;Spring2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p5
Talks about creation of employment consortia to assist people who are blind and visually impaired to secure jobs in the U.S. Overview of an employment consortium in New York; Details on forming and maintaining an employment consortium; Assessment of consortium effectiveness.
- Guest Editors' Introduction. Lero, Donna; Pletsch, Carolyn; Hilbrecht, Margo // Disability Studies Quarterly;Summer2012, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p15
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses the association between work and disability, and previews articles on policies, practices and conditions that affect employment opportunities for people with disabilities, published within the issue.
- ON EQUAL GROUND. Abbott, Natalie // Exceptional Parent;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p58
Presents an article about the experiences of a disabled person at the 2000 California Governor's Committee for the Employment of Disable Persons' Youth Leadership Forum. Lessons learned from the forum; Significance of the forum to disabled individuals.
- Job Accommodation Resources: Lessons From the Global Neighborhood. Walls, Richard T.; Hendricks, D.J.; Dowler, Denetta L.; Hirsh, Anne E.; Orslene, Louis E.; Fullmer, Carmen L. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Oct-Dec2002, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p34
Presents a study which described progress and barriers to the integration of employees with disabilities in an international perspective. Development of the Job Accommodation Network; Strategies used by various nations to provide employment in competitive industry; Models of job accommodation.
- Database identifies workplace accommodations for disabled. // Journal of Business (10756124);01/25/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3, pA17
Reports that Job Accommodation Network has launched the Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR), a Web-based database designed to allow users to explore various accommodation options for disabled persons in the workplace. Process to be followed by users of the SOAR database; Advantages...
- Project Partnership places disabled applicants. // Management Review;Jan82, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p45
Focuses on the efforts of Project Partnership to provide employment to the disabled in the United States. Sources of funds of Project Partnership. INSET: How to deal with weighty matters.
- Disabled people in public sector employment, 1998 to 2004. Hirst, Michael; Thornton, Patricia // Labour Market Trends;May2005, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p189
Presents statistics on the employment of disabled people in the public sector from 1998 to 2004 in Great Britain. Provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act 2005; Increase in employment of disabled people in Great Britain; Sources of data used in the analysis. INSETS: Key points;Further...
- Vocational Rehabilitation Strategies for the New World of Work: Introduction to the Special... Habeck, Rochelle V.; Szymanski, Edna Mora // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Jun99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p274
Editorial. Focuses on vocational rehabilitation strategies for work. Context for achieving improved employment outcomes with people with disabilities; Challenges to individual focus; Changing nature of work and employment.