- Money-saving ideas for the profit-minded supervisor. Mintcloud, Buckley // Supervision;Aug97, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p21
Offers money-saving ideas for profit-minded supervisors. Includes use of green colors to highlight products' name; Evaluation of products labeled as scraps; Efficacy of synthetic rubber pads for mooring machines.
- Overcoming a stigma. Straub, Joseph T. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Plant Edition;May97, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on strategies for counteracting damaging allegations against a supervisor. Issues on gravity of accusations and change objectives; Suggestions for designing and implementing counteractions to employer or supervisor stigma; Legal intent on counteractions against accusations.
- RTI means an up-to-date HR system is critical for all firms. // PrintWeek;10/5/2012, p9
The author expresses his views about the impact of Real Time Information on all printing companies and human resources department.
- Editorial. Quintella, Rogério H. // BAR - Brazilian Administration Review;Sep2010, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one which analyzes the level of subsidiary autonomy in terms of strategic human resource (HR) decisions and internationalization of HR strategies, one on the impact of location of industrial concentrations on the...
- Training Workers for the Factory of the Future. Clancy, J. Anthony // Training & Development Journal;Feb89, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p46
Discusses the opportunities for training departments in modern manufacturing companies. Role of trainers in communication, skills development and work organization; Simplify-automate-integrate strategy; Importance of training as a major factor in creating a competitive advantage.
- STEP ONE--INFORMATION GATHERING: LABOR RELATIONS--INFORMATION GATHERING. McConnell, John H. // Auditing Your Human Resources Department;2001, p29
This section presents a series of questions on the role of human resources in the relationship between the organization and any bargaining unit of an employee-organized labor group.
- Contents August 2015. Jeffery, Robert // People Management;Aug2015, preceding p5
A table of contents for the August 2015 issue of the periodical "People Management" is presented.
- The Japanese and the American First-Line Supervisor. Bryan Jr., Leslie A. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1982, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p62
Compares the Japanese and the American first-line supervisors. Management style; Supervisory reasons for the declining productivity rate; Characteristics of the so-called Japanese style of management.
- A personal file of stimulating ideas, little-known facts and daily problem solvers. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Oct97, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p24
Offers some ideas, little-known facts and daily problem solvers for industrial supervisors. Importance of successful communication with employees; Bad work habits to break; Suggestions for getting along with different types of personalities on the job. INSET: Bulletin board..