Violence in the Workplace
- Attack on violence. Slage, John K. // Industry Week/IW;02/17/97, Vol. 246 Issue 4, p15
Examines the debate over the extent of workplace violence in the United States and what can be done about it. Assessment of two federal agencies of the number of workplace violence in the country; Impact of workplace violence on businesses; Efforts to help employers create a safer work...
- Human resources tips. // PA Times;Mar99, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p11
Discusses how supervisors and managers can effectively manage employees while investigations on workplace violence are conducted. Respect for right to privacy of persons involved; Enforcement of `no-retaliation' policy; Dealing with inappropriate or disruptive behavior.
- Heading off workplace violence. Smith, Shawn // Westchester County Business Journal;5/27/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p4
Assesses the threats of workplace violence on the careers of various employees in the U.S. Factors affecting the safety of the employees; Prevention against violent behaviors; Indicators of bad attitudes.
- Fully (bulletproof) vested employees. Donenberg, Richard V. // Corporate Legal Times;Sep99, Vol. 9 Issue 94, pBWB24
Reports on the growing incidence worldwide of violence in the workplace. Tragedies in the United States that have brought violence to the forefront of the workplace agenda; Incidence of workplace violence in the European Union; Bullying; Mobbing; European strategies for dealing with violence.
- Keep it Cool. Kerber, Beth-Ann // Credit Union Management;Aug99, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p30
Details steps to identify and defuse worksite violence in the United States. Statistics on violence in the workplace; Factors to consider when assessing potential for violence; Characteristics of violent individuals; Behaviors that signal the need for intervention; Steps to establish a threat...
- What will your staff members do when violence erupts in your workplace? // Same-Day Surgery;Apr2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p33
The article explores ways on how to deal with workplace violence.
- Desk Rage. Ashton, Alison // Working Mother;May2001, p20
Discusses ways to defuse frustration in the workplace in order to prevent violence. Screening for aggressive mindsets before hiring an employee; Importance of listening to an upset co-worker; Giving firm commitments to co-workers to minimize their frustration.
- Steps to Take to Avoid Workplace Violence. Wright, Teresa Burke // Credit Union Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p40
Gives advice on how to avoid violence in the workplace. How to check the background of candidates for employment; Adoption and enforcement of zero-tolerance policy; Preparation of a security plan.
- Bulletproof Practices. Grossman, Robert J. // HR Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p34
Discusses ways to prevent workplace violence in the U.S. Examples of workplace violence; Role of employers and human resource professional in preventing workplace violence; Information on the anti-violence zero tolerance policy in the country; Signs of possible workplace violence. INSETS:...