John H. Patterson
- JOHN HENRY PATTERSON (1844-1922). J. W. // Entrepreneur;May2010, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p21
The article presents a brief profile of the founder and chief executive of the 19th-century firm National Cash Register Co. John Henry Patterson, highlighting his accomplishments and business legacy.
- John H. Patterson and Industrial Sales Methods. Karwatka, Dennis // Tech Directions;Dec2010, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the contributions of John H. Patterson to the improvement of the methods for industrial sales. Patterson created the National Cash Register Co. (NCR) in 1884 in Dayton, Ohio but have do close it due to losses in 1899. After reopening the company, Patterson developed a...
- Try an Exciting 120-Year-Old Idea. Gitomer, Jeffrey // njbiz;5/3/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p44
Deals with the selling philosophy of John Patterson, founder of National Cash Register Co. Significance of self-belief in sales.
- Believe in the power of a probable purchaser. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/23/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p31A
Focuses on the sales philosophy of John Patterson, founder of National Cash Register Co. in the U.S. Attitude of the salesman toward the customer; Reference of the potential customer as a probable purchaser; Contact information.
- STANLEY CHARLES ALLYN. // Time;
The article profiles Stanley Charles Allyn, businessman and chairman of National Cash Register Co.(NCR). It mentions that Allyn is the very model of the traveling capitalist who travels the world spreading U.S. ideas and tries to give the market the product it wants when he pushes his company...
- BOSS KETTERING. De Kruif, Paul // Saturday Evening Post;8/12/1933, Vol. 206 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on electrical inventor Boss Kettering and his development of the electric cash register. Information on John H. Patterson, owner of National Cash Register Company; Problem with the shipping of the electric cash registers; Reason for inventing the electric cash register.
- More hard questions - do you have answers? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/23/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p8
Presents questions that might help a businessman evaluate his status in the marketplace. Causes of bad competition; Impact of the negotiation of every person from the sales team with someone outside the business; Philosophy of National Cash Register Co. founder John Patterson on business.
- Patterson's Marvelous Money Box. Wertenbaker, Charles // Saturday Evening Post;10/3/1953, Vol. 226 Issue 14, p32
The article focuses on the system of salesmanship of John Henry Patterson, owner of National Cash Register Co. (NCR) in the U.S. Patterson made salesmanship into a science and the salesman into a member of society. Early in 1894, he opened his first training school on the farm where he had grown...
- Try Turning Your Prospects Into 'Probable Purchasers' Gitomer, Jeffrey // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/26/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p21
Discusses the selling philosophy of John Patterson, founder of the National Cash Register Co. in 1880, which centered on the concept of referring to a prospect as a probable purchaser. Tips on harnessing the potential of the concept; Advantages of the concept.