William Edwards Deming & TQM
- Employees are allies, not adversaries. Vinocur, M. Richard // American Printer;Feb94, Vol. 212 Issue 5, p77
Focuses on W. Edwards Deming's philosophy on personnel management. Treatment of workers as associates; Deming's production theories; Ford Motor Co.'s adoption of Deming's management techniques; Resistance to Deming's approaches.
- Implementing total quality management within communities. Chalk, Mary Beth // Economic Development Review;Summer93, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
Discusses the ways of implementing total quality management (TQM) in communities. Understanding the forces of change; Implementation tool for quality-process improvement; William Edward Deming's fourteen points; Fourteen lessons for TQM success.
- Common Causes and Special Causes: Who Is Threatened by Deming--Labor or Management? Meyer, Richard S. // Labor Law Journal;Oct93, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p620
This article discusses the effects of total quality management (TQM) programs on labor and management in the U.S. The U.S. National Labor Relations Board's decision in the case involving Electromation Inc. and E. I. DuPont & Co. held that that Electromation's employee involvement committees...
- What was Dr. W. Edwards Deming? Stelnikov, Eric // Contemporary Education;1996, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p81
Evaluates the principles of total quality management (TQM) designed by Dr. W. Edwards Deming. Relating the principles to education practices; Assessment of seminars and workshops on TQM.
- Edwards Deming's Profound Knowledge and Individual Psychology. Braughton, W. David // Journal of Individual Psychology;Winter99, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p449
Examines total quality management pioneer W. Edwards Deming's philosophy from the perspective of individual psychology. Philosophy of management advocated by Deming; Deming's system of profound knowledge; Application of individual psychology to total quality management.
- Quality in business. Barnett, Rob // Businessdate;May94, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Discusses quality in business in Japan and the United States. Quality revolution; Doctor W. Edwards Deming's fourteen points of quality from the book `Out of the Crisis'; Total quality management (TQM); Stages of TQM. INSET: Student activities, by Graham Roll..
- Excellence: It's in the Cards. Storey, Christopher // Training & Development Journal;Sep89, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p46
Focuses on a training exercise that illustrates the principle of total-quality control as taught by W. Edwards Deming, an expert on quality, productivity and competition position. Overview on Deming's achievements; Concept of deming;s red bead game; Insights from the red bead experiment...
- Is corrections ready for TQM? Simonsen, Clifford E.; Arnold, Douglas G. // Corrections Today;Jul94, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p164
Evaluates the readiness of corrections facilities in the United States for the concept of total quality management (TQM). Application of management guru W. Edwards Deming's pointers to criminal justice operations; Likely applications for TQM in corrections; Conditions that must occur to ensure...
- WEB SITE: www.well.com/user/vamead/demingdist.html. McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;May2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on a Web site content about W. Edward Deming, who originated the total quality management concept. Message conveyed by Deming on business management.