The Flexible Workplace
- E-HR and the law. Aikin, Olga // Personnel Today;6/25/2002, p39
Discusses the legal aspects of the increasing use of electronic communications in the workplace. Legal problems facing the use of electronic human resource, electronic mails (e-mails) and the Internet; Lack of clarification in the regulation concerning the use of e-mails.
- `How I get it all done by five' Touby, Laurel // Glamour;Jun96, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p113
Presents strategies from efficient working women on how to get everything done in the office during working hours so as to avoid working late. Tackling of large projects early in the morning; Suggestion from author Stephanie Culp; How lying about deadline time to employee help productivity;...
- The advantages of an empty office. Pizula, Steve // Orange County Business Journal;10/07/96, Vol. 19 Issue 41, pA-3
Presents information on the challenges faced by companies in the United States, as a result of the changing work environment. Impact of information technology at work; Information on the concept of the virtual workforce; Details on Laguna Technologies.
- Workplace survival of the fittest. James, Jennifer // Journal for Quality & Participation;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p64
Focuses on the capacity and scope of executives and other employees to cope with the changing technologies within the work environment. Skills employees need to possess in order to cope with these technologies; How critical thinking is used to enhanced problem-solving skills.
- Telecenter is an office away from the office. Bamberger, Barbara // San Diego Business Journal;10/17/94, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p22
Focuses on Chula Vista and Coronado, California's telecenters, a centralized work site for employers from a variety of businesses. Opportunities offered by telecenters to entrepreneurs; Objective of telecenters; Information workers as target prospects; Companies' inclusion of telecenters in...
- On becoming virtual. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;May97, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p30
Discusses the issues about implementing virtual organization in the work environment. Differences in definition; Changes in workplace communication; Examination of a company's culture for compatibility with virtuality.
- Supporting innovation in the workplace. Quinn, Susan // Supervision;Feb1990, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p3
Suggests strategies for understanding employees' reluctance to change and for encouraging their innovative ideas. Reasons for resisting efforts to encourage change and innovation; Steps to support employee and organizational transformation to an innovative environment; Two ways in testing the...
- Managing workplace innovations: A framework and a new approach. Zierden, William E. // Management Review;Jun81, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p57
Presents an approach to the management of technological innovations in the work place. Strategy for human resources innovations; Adjustment of management policies and practices; Implementation of change.
- TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL. MOLE, FINANCE // Accountancy;Sep2010, Vol. 146 Issue 1405, p18
The author shares his views on problems that could arise from the use of technology in the workplace including the lost of data from PowerPoint presentation, and gadget-to-gadget mismatch.