The Top 10 Labor and Employment Discrimination Cases of the 20th Century
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;3/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p19
Presents an overview of court decisions on employment cases in Great Britain. Sex discrimination in the workplace; Race discrimination in employment; Legal aspect of a disciplinary procedure in an employment contract.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;11/9/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p23
Provides information on three employee discrimination cases in Great Britain and Spain. Plaintiffs and defendants; Facts of the cases.
- CHECKLIST EXTRA. // People Management;1/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p20
Presents information on several cases related to employee discrimination in Great Britain as of January 2001. Coote versus Granada; Relaxation Group versus Rhys-Harper; London Borough of Ealing versus Garry.
- Tunisia (Case No. 2592). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2009, Vol. 92 Issue 1 (353, 354), p265
The article presents information on a complaint by the Education International (EI) and General Federation of Higher Education and Scientific Research (FGESRS) in Tunisia about the refusal to recognize the General Federation of Higher Education and Scientific Research (FGESRS), discrimination...
- Unchaining the Workers. Baird, Charles W. // Regulation;Fall2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the impact of the adoption of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) of 1935 on individual workers' freedom to choose representatives to bargain over the terms and conditions of employment. Information on the NLRA act; Privileges provided by the NLRA for unions; Information on a...
- Collective bargaining. Brimelow, Russell // Personnel Today;9/3/2002, p16
Discusses the statutory trade union recognition mechanism established by the 1999 Employment Relations Act in Great Britain. Rise in the number of voluntary and involuntary agreements for union recognition; Complaints that the law is subjecting union members to a detriment; Decision of the...
- Japan (Case No. 2139). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2009, Vol. 92 Issue 1 (353, 354), p210
The article reports on the complaint presented by the National Confederation of Trade Unions (ZENROREN) in Japan in June 2001 relating to anti-union discrimination preventing a union from fulfilling its duties of representation.
- The law at work. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct98, Vol. 121 Issue 10, p32
Analyzes cases involving workers and employers. Case involving Lisette Balint regarding employment discrimination on the basis of religion; Lawsuit against Blockbuster Entertainment Corp. over termination of employees for refusing to cut long hair.
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;11/11/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p27
Presents some developments in employment case law in Europe. Details on the case Greenwood versus British Airways PLC which deals with disability discrimination; Information on the disability discrimination case of Baynton versus Saurus General Engineers Ltd.; Conclusion of the employment...