The Evolution of Performance Appraisals
- Implementing 360-degree feedback. Parmenter, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p70
Offers advice on the process of employee performance and development feedback. Difference between a 90, 180 and 360 degree feedback process; Consideration for the report format.
- Deciphering Performance-Review Phrases. // Workforce;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p25
Deciphers some performance review phrases. Average employee; Zealous attitude; Quick thinker.
- Red Flags In Performance Appraisal. Phillips, Kenneth R. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1987, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p80
Presents guidelines for monitoring the performance appraisal system. Employee performance standards; Written appraisal of managers; End-of-year rating of employees.
- How to conduct effective employee performance appraisals. Decker, Joyce // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/21/98, Issue 322397, p27
Presents a few guidelines designed to make the most of employee performance reviews. Five key questions to be addressed that are focused on the individual; Quantitative and qualitative criteria.
- Rate Your Association's Performance Evaluations. Morriss, Robyn // Association Management;Jul99, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p58
Discusses information on performance evaluations. Importance of an organization's human capital; Effectiveness of one-on-one meetings with supervisors; Need for daily coaching; Information on various appraisal systems.
- Can Managers Appraise Performance Too Often? Kite, Devaun M.; Katz, Jeffrey P.; Zarzeski, Marilyn T. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Winter96/97, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p41
Focuses on a study which discussed the relationship between the frequency of performance appraisal and escalation of commitment to a losing course of action. Account of similar research; Methodology; Results and discussion.
- Multisource better describes peer feedback. Martinez, Michelle Neely // HRMagazine;Jun95, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p16
Reports on employee performance surveys through multisource programs. Remarks on employee rating process; Availability of a guide book on direct-level personnel responsibility.
- Conceptual Similarity as a Source of Illusory Halo in Job Performance Ratings. Cooper, William H. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jun81, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p302
Discusses how conceptual similarities among job dimensions represent a potentially recalcitrant source of illusory halo in performance ratings. Raters' belief that rating categories are conceptually similar, thereby inflating observed correlation matrices; Students' evaluation of the conceptual...
- MODELING TECHNIQUES APPLIED TO PERFORMANCE FEEDBACK AND APPRAISAL. Robinson, James C.; Robinson, Linda C. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1978, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p48
Discusses the applicability of the PerforMax system to performance feedback and appraisal. Shortcomings of supervisory practices; Benefits of the system to supervisors; Subsystems of PerforMax.
- T.O.P.E.S.: Developing a Task Oriented Performance Evaluation System. Fowler Jr., Audrey R.; Bushardt, Stephen C. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Fall86, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p4
Provides information on the proposed Task Oriented Performance Evaluation System (TOPES). Definition of TOPES; Job descriptions of TOPES; Benefits of TOPES compared with other performance evaluation systems; Disadvantages of TOPES.